Chapter 3

*This is Wang Cheng

*This is Wang Cheng.

* Again, i do not own any of the picture. All of it belong to their rightful owner.

22/10/2018

There are going to be a lot of grammatical mistakes since English is not my first language and i am currently learning English myself. Also my knowledge of vocabularies  and phrases are also limited. So i hope you can still enjoy the story despite all these inconvenient.  (':

---------------------------------

A tall and majestic figure in black robe can be seen on a galloping horse marching forward in a lightning speed. Several days ago, Wang Cheng received a message from the imperial palace that he was to return to the capital at once. Since then, he has advanced back to the capital without any delay.

The great Jin Sheng Empire had been ruled by Wang family since a hundred years ago when the very first ruler, who was a rebellion, overthrew the previous emperor. In just a hundred years, Jin Sheng had been expanding its territories by conquering the neighboring countries and became the largest and most flourishing country in the eastern region.

The current ruler of Jin Sheng is Emperor Wang Zhuang. Prior to his reign, Jin Sheng has grown strong and stable under the capable leadership of previous emperors and its powerful military force. When Wang Zhuang ascended the throne at the age of 15, though the groundwork has already been done for him, no one can deny that his reign is the most glorious period in these hundred years of feud despite his young age. He had successfully brought the long lasting war and bloodshed to an end by promoting peace and focused on strengthen the economic and well-being of his people rather than expanding his already vast empire.

In such a peaceful period, the tension at the border has also been ceased gradually but not completely. There have been many assaults from neighboring countries now and then; nevertheless they have been immediately suppressed by the generals that were stationed at the border.

After Jin Sheng has finally attained peace, Wang Cheng who was originally the mightiest general of Jin Sheng had resigned from his post as a general and roaming around the world as a traveler. Cheng had brought so many victories for Jin Sheng. Only hearing his name can make the enemy shivered in fear. If words that he was no longer stationed at the border spread out, the enemy would take this chance to strike at Jin Sheng. In fact Jin Sheng has so many capable generals beside him, it was just that the emperor wanted to avoid any unnecessary bloodbath.As a result, only the emperor and a handful of high ranking officials knew of his departure.

Once again, a grimace clouded his handsome face. How could he not know that his brother, his majesty Wang Zhuang, had been monitoring him all the time in these past two years? No matter where he went, he cannot escaped the eyes of his brother. Though in actuality, he has finally be able to abandon his status and chose to live as a commoner wandering from place to place and enjoying his freedom; his tie with the royal family could not be completely cut off. He is still the king's younger brother, Duke Heung An.

Before his letter of resignation has reach the palace, they had been, many times, 'accidentally'  lost or vanished into thin air because of god know how reasons. His wish to leave his post was granted only because he made an agreement with Zhuang that he would headed to the capital without any question if Zhuang ordered.

------------------------------

Arriving at gate of Imperial Palace, stopped the horse and dismounted, Cheng rummaged through his inner robe and pulled out a fine white jade pendant that only the royal family members possessed. Seeing the pendant, the guards saluted him and hastily opened the large palace gate without dared asking him any question.

Cheng immediately headed to the inner court. Upon his arrival, a eunuch that served the emperor greeted him, "Duke Heung An, his majesty has been expecting your arrival." He then led Cheng to the emperor study.

On the dragon throne sat a man donned with finest black silk robe with golden dragon and auspicious patterns embroideries. Though the afternoon time was supposed to be the emperor break time, instead of enjoying his hobbies or having lunch with his consorts, the emperor retreated to his palace quarters and set himself upon his paperwork. Cheng sighed. Brother is as hard working as ever.

The emperor didn't seem to pay Cheng any attention and still indulged himself  in reviewing and writing his remark on the memorials that were sent by the local officials.

After sometimes has passed, Cheng finally gave up on waiting. Kowtowed, he voiced, "Long lives his majesty!"

The hand that was holding the vermillion ink pen came to halt. Without looking up he snarled, "Drop the ridiculous act of formality." His tone was cold and powerful befitting his magnificent aura of an emperor.

Laughed, Cheng sat himself on a small table near the dragon throne. His mood has improved a bit after he successfully annoyed his brother.

Put away the pen, the emperor then turned toward Cheng with a deadly glare.

Cheng,"Brother, Why did you suddenly calling me back to the capital?"

Only Cheng dared to address the emperor in such a familiar manner. They are, in fact, really close. Both of them were born from the same mother, the late empress, thus it was not unusual.

"Didn't the suspicious movements lurking at the border have already been suppressed?", although he has already resigned from the post at the border, Cheng still occasionally received information about the situation at the border and the palace.

Didn't even bother asking about the well-being of your only brother hmph.
Wang Zhuang secretly sulked under his cold facet. He then went down to the business immediately, "I want you to investigate an illegal auction house."

"Illegal auction house?", Cheng.

*Wang Zhuang