Chapter 9 (part 1)

27/12/2018

As the night came, the normally buzzing road was getting even busier than usual since today was the day of the lantern festival, the most anticipating celebration of the year. He Ping was the biggest shopping district in the capital Zhao with numerous shops both big and small selling all kinds of products. Usually this district was already crowded with sea of people come and go daily, since today was a special occasion where the whole nation celebrated, one could imagine how chaos this place got. From small shops by the street to the big ones, everywhere was flooded with people. Nevertheless, the spirit of festival was still going strong as the full moon above brightly illuminated its unrivaled beauty.

As promised the day before, Cheng took Xingfu out to the festival. They had been walking around He Ping district for almost an hour already, but to his surprise, Xingfu had not uttered a single word yet. He was just pacing around from shop to shop, checking out their products with amusement and curiosity just like a kid who had just seen a toy for the first time. However, when Cheng asked if he wanted it, he frantically shook his head and dragged Cheng out of the shop.

At first Cheng was puzzled, but after this repeated a few times, he seemed to get an idea of what was going on. Later on, Cheng would only followed him closely to make sure Xingfu did not get lost from his sight. He actually enjoyed observing Xingfu being so bouncy, running around in excitement.

Xingfu, on the other hand, was oblivious to all of this. He even unconsciously linked his arm with Cheng, when he dragged Cheng toward a street vendor who was selling candy art. Unbeknownst to him, Cheng's heart skipped a bit at their close skin contact, but he quickly regained his composure and wore his usual calm façade when he heard Xingfu exciting voice.

"Cheng, what is this?", with their arms still tightly linked together, Xingfu asked while his eyes still fixed on the street vendor who was sculpting this candy into various shapes of animals.

"It's candy. Do you want to try it?"

"Umm....I'm fine. I don't really like sweet."

"Liar. Wipe your drool first."

"Drool??" Xingfu touch the corner lips but it was dry. Then he turned to Cheng with blank face but his ears were noticeably tinted red.

"Pttf" Cheng suddenly burst into laughter.

Xingfu's jaw dropped. He was embarrassed but then it turned into shocked not because he was played by Cheng but because he had just made a discovery. He is actually capable of laughing!

Usually Cheng always gave off such a mature and wiseful aura, this was the first time he saw Cheng laughed so heartily.

Thump Thump Thump

Xingfu could feel his heart running wild at this sight as his face was getting hotter. He stare at Cheng who was busy laughing in a daze. What had just gotten into me?

When he examined Cheng closely, Xingfu made another discovery. Cheng was actually quite a looker. His tall sturdy body was enough to make every men envious. Not to mention his facial features which blended together so perfectly as if god was biased when he created him. Even the maidens who was passing by them could not help, but shyly stole a glance at Cheng.

While Xingfu was still in a daze, Cheng had already purchased the sweet and dragged him along by his wrist to a fancy restaurant. 

*Candy art or Amezaiku in Japanese*

_________

My laptop was broken so I borrow someone else's to squeeze a short chapter since i haven't post anything for quite sometimes now. Thank you for reading...

Marry belate Christmas ✨🎄