𝙋𝙝𝙖𝙚𝙚 25 - ⚣ 𝘔𝘢𝘎𝘵𝘊𝘳'𝘎 𝘒𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘊𝘯

Zacznij od początku

Lying? To him? Will she have the guts? She never lied in her entire career, not to him. She was supposed to be a slick and trained employee out there. Let's see how it will go!

— KNOCK! KNOCK!

"Come in!" The muffled tone of Jungkook's oddly gravelly voice called out. Maybe, he had too much hot coffee earlier. She would have known as she recorded the amount of coffee he digested on the daily basis as one of her errands.

His voice sounded oily, or agog if she pieced it together— was he angry at something? Of course, he would be, he had been sitting in the office since morning receiving paperwork, piling and piling uncontrollably, and it was already currently 3 PM.

Yuan unbarred the double door to find him sitting behind his desk, one hand extending out to click the mouse of his computer whilst the other hand balanced his chin, paying her no mind as he usually had. She approached the desk, her heels echoing through the atrium-like room.

"I apologize for what I'm about to request of you, sir." She said, halting her steps across from his desk, noticing the sides of his face dripping beads of sweat, his brows knitting close. Damn, not once had he share her a glance. Strange, the air-conditioning seemed to be functioning fine. Due to the current weather, the cold air should be extra the amount adding to the AC. "Are you alright, sir? You look awfully pale."

"Huh?" Finally, his heed altered from the screen to her eyes, leaning back and removing his hands carefully from everything they were working on, dropping them under the desk, presumably onto his thighs. "Um, y-yeah. I'm fine, I'm just a bit hungry."

"You're hungry, sir? I must buy some food for you—" "No, it's fine. Just— run over the reason you're here." He naturally waved a hand in the air, then that hand came down towards the desktop, slamming it a bit.

He looked really uncomfortable, Yuan had no idea how to feel. Could it be these were one of the episodes her boss had always suffered from according to his girlfriend? Yuan was no psychological professional, she never studied these things. She couldn't apprehend a lot of things was why she never asked.

Examining him squirming in his swivel chair to sit up straight, seeing how dismissive and subtle he was, anyone would've missed the weird behavior. But, Yuan was not "anyone", she was practically his shadow. She can point out everything there was to point out about Jeon Jungkook.

"I would like permission to leave early," She managed to say.

"For what?" He lifted a hand to rumple up his already rumpled dark-brown locks, sighing deeply as if hearing her request of such a thing was disappointing or was wasting his time, or he was as sick as Yuan speculated him to be.

"I—I have an urgent matter and it involves my grandmother." Yuan cringed, she stuttered for the first time, which meant she must've slipped. He would recognize it. Well, of course, he would. He was Jeon Jungkook for fuck's sake! The dude had the eyes and ears of a predator in its most starving periods.

"Hm..." He crooned, his voice, again, became an exhausted and timid sigh. "Very well, I don't see why not."

"Will you manage without me?" She had to ask this, after onlooking her boss decaying in health right before her fairy eyes. She had to ask.

"Yes, I'm almost— done," He exhaled, his fingers coming back up to fumble with the keyboard. Whatever he was typing, it seemed more important than himself. "Your grandmother needs you, so, you're dismissed for today," Jungkook faintly uttered.