Chapter 22: A Grand Opening

Start from the beginning

" Shushh... Rosie... It's done..." He said as he removed the last piece but the wound needed cleaning. He damped the cotton balls by borrowing the whiskey from her and adjusted his position so he was sitting right next to her. The blood around their hands wasn't a pretty sight and Rose was trying hard to not feel nauseous. 

" It's better now?" He asked. She nodded.

" This might burn, a lot." He warned just as the cotton touched her injured skin.

" Damnnn... You said you were done... I can't..." She was pulling her hand away from Aman. Clearly, the cleaning of open wounds moreover with neat alcohol can be tedious and of course searing. He held her hand tighter and paused.

She relaxed and opened her eyes. They were red, wet, and puffy. She was pleading, begging him to stop. But, he was not done. There was a lot of blood that needed cleaning. She glanced at him, imploring to stop her lips quivering to form words that didn't spill out.

" Look at me, Rosie..." She did, " You've been tough okay... Just be patient..." But when he saw the cuts he knew she might need a better doctor to dress that up and there was no way he could mention it now.

She shook her head and wriggled to let herself free from his hold but all her attempts failed.

" Rosie... " He emphasized in a strong authoritative way.

" NO! I can't... Let go... Now... Aman, I want you to..." But he didn't let her complete herself before swooping down to capture her pink lips which were nearly begging him to stop. He didn't intend to kiss her but distracting her was his only option, the option he considered to make use of. He knew she would be 100% distracted but he had not expected her to retaliate but to his surprise the moment he kissed her her eyes widened but she closed them, knowing that there was no way she could have resisted both of his actions. One of his hands worked on her wounds while the other supported his weight against her. She whimpered in resistance but gave in as he deepened his kiss.
Her mind knew what was happening but her heart was too vulnerable to acknowledge. Maybe the alcohol was a bit responsible but Aman knew how to kiss her senseless and in a second she forgot her palm was burning up. The inexorable pain was gone as if it never existed. 

Her other hand raced up behind him to get a better hold of his hair as he gained wider access to her mouth. She let out a soft moaning grunt and he smiled against her lips. It was clearly working. He hadn't realized that his eyes involuntarily chose to shut devouring the moment. After what felt minutes but must've been a few seconds he slowly opened his eyes to see that he was almost done but when he saw Rose responding to his kiss with equal fervour he could not stop. 

He wanted her so much. He missed her. He let her lips go only to kiss the side of her lips and travel all the way to her ear leaving small wet kisses on the way. He knew he should stop as what he intended to do was done but there was no way he could resist her moans. He nibbled her ear softly before moving back to her lips on the way planting a small kiss on her nose. This moment was way more intense and emotional than the brief encounter they had a few weeks ago. None of them was planned, it just happened, it always did. 

It was more than desire and passion. There was so much between the two that it was impossible to not relish every moment of this. She was kissing him softly as her strength provided. It would have lasted a bit more had Aman resorted to not speak but his heart was so full that he had to whisper her name, to let her know he thought about her. Only her.

" Oh! Rosie..." He whispered it again against her lips and that gave away.

Her eyes shot open and when she stopped he knew it was over. Before he could open his eyes he felt a strong nudge that made him tumble off the side couch they were on. He saw the color drain from Rose's eyes and what broke his heart was that there was more than regret in her eyes, she felt guilty.
It wasn't a mistake but it felt like one. They stared at each other, flummoxed.