Chapter 17: Like Family

Start from the beginning

"Ah.." Woo Bin looked a bit overwhelmed. He wasn't used to situations like this for a reason. He just never knew how to react and did everything to avoid them.

"Look, you got a real fan here! How about you put the books over there and after dinner, Woo Bin will sign them for you, hm?" Yi Jeong smiled, his hand on Woo Bin's thigh under the table, stroking it for comfort.

"There's a reason why I have a pen name.." Woo Bin said quietly, barely able to stand Shin Ju's glistening eyes, full of expectations.

"I'm sorry.. I got so excited. You're my favorite author, I always wanted to get a signed copy. It's such an honor to meet you in person!"

"Thank you. I appreciate it, really. I don't look like it, but I do." Woo Bin laughed awkwardly. "You'll get your signed copies later."

"You're the reason why he's sometimes too scared to fall asleep.. I should punch you in the face.." Yu Ri hissed and now Woo Bin relaxed a bit. He would be able to deal with that much better.

"I read it, too!" Ji Ah mentioned, "Stranger in the dark is a really good book, nothing to be shy about." she smiled at Woo Bin. "Your secret is safe with us!"

"Thank you. I just never thought one of you guys would know my work."

"Because you always ignore how successful you are. I read all your reviews, but you never want to hear them!" Yi Jeong said reproachfully and Woo Bin shrugged. "It's enough if you read them. You can go out pretend you're me if you want."

"Tzzz.. That's your achievement. I'm not gonna go out and enjoy your success.."

"Can I?" Yu Ri raised her hand with a wide smile on her face.

"Sure."

"No."

Woo Bin and Yi Jeong exchanged a look. "Why? She's family, right? If you don't want to..."

"I always wanted to be a famous writer.." Yu Ri whined and Shin Ju shot her a look. "Since when?"

"You shut up.." she mumbled, "You could sleep with your favorite author, why are you trying to ruin it?"

"That's not how it works..I already know it's him." Shin Ju hissed back and looked at Woo Bin.

"I'm not sleeping with him." Woo Bin said hastily, pointing in Shin Ju's direction, while looking at Yi Jeong with a light panic in his eyes.

"No? I thought sharing is caring.." Yi Jeong said straight-faced, but then the corners of his mouth started twitching and he couldn't fight back the smile any longer.

"Idiot. Look at your face. Like I would share you with anyone."

"Human's get shared in this family. No one told you?" Yeon asked seriously and Woo Bin turned pale.

"What?"

Yeon rolled his eyes and shook his head with a chuckle. "And I thought Woo Bin is the smart one. Turns out, you're both dummies."

"Hey!" Yi Jeong protested, but Woo Bin leaned back and laughed. "You got me there for a second!" he said and finally, Yi Jeong saw that he started to relax and joined his laughter. All the time, he was so worried, that Woo Bin would feel left out because he had nothing to do with these people, but everyone accepted him into the family and he seemed to become comfortable with everyone so fast.
Slowly realizing what was happening here, Yi Jeong almost teared up because he was so happy.
Woo Bin deserved so much more love than he alone could give him.
He knew the love they shared was enough, but seeing Woo Bin as a part of a huge family they would share, made his heart jump.