Chapter 3- the sleepover (part 1)

Start from the beginning

"What about the new girls?" Mattie asked then the door bell rang.
"I'll get it." Cairo headed up the stairs. After a few moments the girls came down the stairs.
"You're late." I said.
"I have 7 brothers and sisters and they had other things going on." Eliza said.
"Oh that makes- 7 others?!" Chess asked.
"If your counting the dead ones there would be 15 of us." Peggy said it was silent for a good 5 minutes.
"Annleigh and Farrah." I said changing the subject and breaking the silence.
"Farrah is probably-" the girls came though the basement door.

"You're late." I said in a sing songy voice. I shouldn't even have said it so nicely. They were 30 minutes late.
"It's not my fault Clark drives like a little bitch."
"What happened here?"
"Someone pregamed a little too hard." Annleigh placed her bag down.
"I'm here," Farrah dropped her bag on the ground. "let's cheer." Farrah walked to the couch and sat down. She pulled out her phone.
"Hell no. Take her home." Kate complained.
"Last time I took her home drunk I got grounded for not watching her."
"I'm fine, y'all are over reacting." Farrah drank from her water bottle.
"That is just water." Farrah looked at me. "Yes." She said after a long pause. She winked. Oh dear god.

"She's not going to kill us, right?" Peggy asked.
"She shouldn't do anything that stupid." Annleigh said.
"She's going to kill us." Peggy mumbled.
"I got this." Betsy said as she walked over to Farrah.
"No I don't think that's a good-"

"Farrah?" Betsy asked, cutting me off.
"What?" Farrah asked annoyed. Eliza sat down on the coffee table.
"Can I see your water bottle?" Farrah handed it to her. Eliza moved it on the table. She looked at Farrah's legs and arms, then at the team who was all gathered around the stairs.
"Why does she have claw marks on her legs and arms?" Betsy asked.
"Oh, they're from Satan." Farrah said. Elizas eyes went wide.
"They're from who?" She asked, panicked. "Her dog! She has a dog named Satan." I said.
"Not the devil, he acts like one but he's a dog." Annleigh said.
"Oh thank god." Eliza said quietly.
"So Farrah, we are not going to drink because we are 15, not 21." Eliza said and Farrah flipped her off.
"You're not my mom. You can't tell me what to do." Farrah shoved Eliza a bit.
"I give up." Eliza said and stood next to us.

"Let's just learn the cheer for the peprally." I said.
"Can't we just watch tv?" Kate asked.
"No electronics during the sleepover. Actually, give me your phones." I said and held out a box.
"I don't remember that rule from last year!" Annleigh complained.
"Just do it." Everyone put the phones in the box and I put it on the one shelf.
"Let's play truth or dare." Cairo suggested. "Can't we just stick to the agenda?" I asked. "No. Let's play truth or dare."
"Fine." Everyone walked over to the couch and sat down. I leaned against the wall because there was no more room on the couch.

"Annleigh." Cairo said as she sat down on the arm of the couch.
"I'm not playing." Annleigh said, not looking up from her bag.
"Just play." Cairo said annoyed.
"Fine."
"Are you a virgin?" Annleigh looked at me. "Yes. And I am proud of that." Everyone turned to look at me. I looked down at my nails.
"Oh come on, it's Riley. You two totally fucked." Cairo said.
"We didn't." Annleigh said. I made a high pitched squeaky noise.
"WHEN I WAS HOME?!" Farrah yelled. "No." I said.
"Then h- EWW!" Everyone jumped off the couch. Except Annleigh.
"WE DIDN'T SLEEP WITH EACHOTHER." Annleigh yelled and everyone slowly sat back down on the couch.

"Well this is going great." Peggy said sarcastically.
"Who's next?" Cairo asked.
"I'll go." Mattie said.
"Mattie, truth or dare?"
"Dare." She said hesitantly. Cairo grabbed Farrah's water bottle off of the table.
"That's mine."
"Sharing is caring bitch." Cairo unscrewed the lid to the water bottle.
"That is just water, right?" I asked. Cairo didn't answer.
"No. Don't." Eliza said.

"What do you mean don't. It's a dare. She has to do it." Cairo said.
"Look at Farrah." Eliza said.
"Excuse you."
"Not what I meant." She paused. "Farrah is very clearly drunk and she is a better human when she isn't. She went to school drunk one day and she wasn't that nice, we all saw he flip me off too. She wouldn't do that when she is sober." Farrahs mouth hung open and everyone just started starring at Eliza.
"Yes I would." Farrah said and Betsy sighed. Cairo handed the bottle to Mattie and Mattie took it.

"Mattie just do it." Cairo said after a few minutes of silence.
"Mattie don't."
"Do it."
"Don't."
"Yes."
"Mattie don't listen to her."
"Mattie listen to me."
"Mattie drink it."
"Don't drink it." Matties eyes darted from Eliza to Cairo every time one of them spoke. "Do it."
"Don't do it."
"Don't listen to her, do it."
"Don't turn out like Farrah."
"Umm leave me out of this?" Farrah said. "Fine. Just don't to it." Mattie drank from the bottle. I ran over to them and took it from her.

"No more. We are done with that." I said and put the bottle on the shelf near the phones.
"And that's what we call a party." Cairo said as she was rubbing Matties back. "Who's next?"
"I warned you." Eliza said and then she tripped over Farrah's backpack.
"Ope." Reese said and giggled then pulled Eliza up.

"Alright not that this isn't fun and all, but we should work on the cheer." I said.
"Can't we just have a normal sleepover?" Kate asked.
"This isn't a normal sleepover, it's a practice in a social context." She sighed.
"Riley, Farrah and Mattie are drunk and we don't want to cheer. Let's maybe not. Well, Mattie isn't drunk but I think she's a shade of green." Annleigh said.
"I'm not-" Mattie threw up.
"Peggy, take her to the bathroom. Riley get towels or something and I will clean it up." Eliza said. Peggy snapped up and took Mattie into the bathroom and I went upstairs with Cairo and Annleigh.

Peggy's POV:

Mattie and I have been in the bathroom for 10 minutes, she threw up 3 times on top of the one she did near the couch. She is crying and shaking on the floor near the toilet.
"It's going to be fine Mattie, it will be alright." I said as I was rubbing her back. She said something but she was crying so much I couldn't understand her. I sat down next to her and brought her head into my shoulder.

"Are you guys ok in there?" I heard Annleigh asked.
"Uhh, maybe we should call her parents." I said.
"Is it bad?" Chess asked.
"Uhh, she's not throwing up."
"Can you help her out here?" Eva asked and I stood up.
"Mattie can you stand up or do you need help?" I asked and she looked at me.
"I think I can stand up." She said and I backed up to give her room. She slipped and hit her head on the counter. She then fell on the ground.
"Oh shit." I muttered. I picked her up off the ground and opened the door. The girls screamed after they saw Matties head.

"Am I ok?" Mattie touched her hand to her head and it got covered in blood. She screamed and Reese and Farrah ducked behind the couch.
"Youy ok! It's just a small scratch! I'll get you a band-aid and some Advil and you'll be fine." Riley said and helped Mattie lay down on the floor. Mattie then passed out. "Is she alive?" Reese asked, peering over the couch.
"She's breathing." Riley said. "It's fine." She went upstairs and left the rest of us downstairs. Cairo and Annleigh stood up and went upstairs. That left me, Farrah, Reese, Kate, Chess, Eliza, Eva, and Maria downstairs with a passed out Mattie.

Farrah and Reese were still ducked behind the couch, Kate and Chess were sitting on the bench near the far wall, Eva and Maria were sitting on the couch, and Eliza and I were standing around Mattie.

This sleepover could not get worse.