Chapter 13

Calmly

Also please go and read FlameOwO 's story "The Forest". It is very great and I think it deserves more love!
~~~~~~~~~~~~

"He's corrupted?! How many more corrupted people are there?" Lila asked.

"Dunno. But let's help him!" Skid said.

"Skid..." Lila mumbled, pinching the bridge of her nose, "We can't help everyone from this. Who knows how long this'll take? You boys have school on Monday!"

"But... But we have to save them! They don't deserve to be corrupted!" Skid said, gesturing to the two corrupted people there.

Lila sighed in defeat. "Fine.... But how are we supposed to save this boy without knowing anything about him?" Lila said, pointing to the person called 'Pico'.

"We save the boy first before we save Pico! The boy would know what to do!" Skid said.

"But how would we save him without Pico?"

"Guys...-!"

They turned around to see Pump pointing to 'Pico', who was pointing his gun at the group.

"W̤h͙a̗͘t̸̲ͧ ͞ar̢ȩ͕ ̷͗y͒ou̵ͨ ̀d͇͆͞ơ̓i̟ń̵͚g̬ ̫͞h̗e͎r̵̪e.̺" he asked.

"W-well we were looking for you..." The Girlfriend said, glancing back at the corrupted boy.

"Aͯṉ͆d ̪̓W͍h̡͚y̲ͨ?̈"

"To save him! Then we're gonna save you and everyone else who's corrupted!" Skid butted in, pointing to 'Pico'.

"Y͝o̡u͞ ͜w̷i̕l̷l͜ ̡N͏O̷T͏ ͢b͜e͡ ͘s̕a͞v̵i̧ńg̷ ̢a͜n̶y̡o͘n̕e͢ ͏e͜l͝s͡e̶" 'Pico yelled.

"B-but you have to remember The Boyfriend!" the girl called out.

"N͢a͠h͘"

"...Alright fine." The girlfriend huffed before handing the corrupted boy over to Lila. She calmly walked over to 'Pico' and snatched his gun. 'Pico' of course protested and tried grabbing for it, but the girl calmly shoved him away.

"He̯̍y͗!̨̘̏" Pico said, trying to reach the gun. The girl sighed and walked away, looking at the weapon she grabbed. She always wondered why he carried around a gun anyways.

"If you're not gonna help us with saving The Boyfriend, then I'll substitute!" The girl said with a smile.

"B̵e͙ę͕p̸͎̽ ba̚͢d̰o̜oͩp͞ ̸͓̈́bͮe͜p?" the corrupted boy mumbled. The girlfriend laughed.

"Don't worry. I have a plan!" the girl assured. Everyone else looked slightly stunned.

"... you can understand him?!" Skid asked. The girl nodded. "Cool! Can you teach us how to understand him??"

"It takes time. But after all of this, sure!" The girlfriend said, turning her attention back to the gun. She stands in front of her corrupted partner. She didn't have to say much before a small amount of the corruption started dripping off the boy's body.

" 'Uh.. ya know....' " the girlfriend started, trying (and failing) to sound somewhat like Pico, " 'I was supposed to, uh, kill you. Buuut I don't feel like it just yet. Maybe if you... uh... beat me in a rap battle I'll let you go' "

"B̴a̵p͝.́.͜.́" the boy mumbled, glaring at the girl. She quietly laughed at his childishness.

" 'Look. Just because I... spared you and that we knew each other doesn't mean that I'm gonna be ... uh... buddy-buddy with ya' " The girlfriend continued, trying to remember all what Pico said during their first encounter. She had almost forgotten Pico even existed.

It was working well, though. The corruption kept dripping off of The Boyfriend and even some came off of Pico. Neither were too happy about it, but they were cornered and couldn't do much to better their situation.

"Hey... Pump?" Skid asked, grabbing the other's attention.

"Is something wrong?" Pump asked, noticing Skid's expression. Skid shrugged.

"I just feel kinda bad.... I dunno why" Skid mumbled. He felt the familiar pain except it was more intense, and more painful. He kept trying to ignore this feeling, though.

"Well that's not good. Maybe you'll feel better later?" Skid looked at Pump before nodding.

"Yeah. Maybe..." Skid agreed, not feeling too sure. He felt like this feeling would only get worse. He shook his head, turning back to watching the girl try and mimic how she imagined Pico would act. It would have been comedic if the circumstances were a little different. She was also being overdramatic in her sentences.

Pico looked like he was about to lunge at and casually kill the girlfriend.

"I don't care that you wanna be friends again, The boyfriend! I don't and that's all that matters! What? You still want to be friends? Pff. How about a rematch? If you win, I'll be your friend. If you lose, however, you'll have to have a nice and short chat with my gun! Now blam this epic rap!" the girlfriend yelled before bursting into a fit of giggling. She was struggling to keep her composure while she felt like an idiot trying to quote the interaction she saw a while ago.

Her mindless mimicking removed ⅔ of the boyfriend's remaining corruption. How her mindless talking worked well enough confused her, but she went along with it. It was definitely entertaining to watch, too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Words: 793