Chapter 2 (Old)

"PUMP!" Skid screamed as the Lemon man let go of the smaller.  Skid ran over to his friend while the corruption started covering more of his body.

"S-Skid... This isn't 𝓢𝓹𝓸𝓸𝓴𝔂 anymore.... I'm scared...." Pump said, tears forming in his eyes.  Skid could only watch in horror as the corruption moved to cover the other's whole body.  A pink glow emitted from 'Pump's' eyes, mouth, and random places on his body.  Skid took a step back and turned around, running away as fast as he could.  Whatever had happened, he didn't want the same thing to happen to him.  He didn't know that Pump had decided to follow. though.

Skid kept running until he made it to his house.  He shut the door and quickly wiped the tears in his eyes as he heard footsteps.

"Kids? Is that you?" A female voice called out from another room, getting no reply.  "Kids?" The same voice asked as someone appeared from the other room.

"M-Mom...." Skid said, his voice cracking.

"What happened?! And where's Pump?" Lila asked, rushing over to comfort her son.  Skid couldn't respond and chose to silently cry into his mother's arms.  Lila comforted the smaller while something started knocking on the door Skid entered through previously.  Confused, Lila held Skid in her arms as she stood up and walked over to the door.  When she opened it, she had to hold back a scream.

"W͐hy d̼͟i̠d̸̗̆ ͐̀yͦo͌͘u̬͏ ̷ŕ͉ȕ͟n̋̕ ̴̉a͔w͘ȁͅy, ̠Ṡ̰̕k͠i̇d̷͖?̸̚ ̓ ̵̔Ẅ͈̀e̷̗ ͖̀we̻r̓e̙͋͏ ͗҉ǵ̣o̗͐͡i̛n͓ͩ́g̙̾ ̠͆́to͑ ̉b̜͛eͯ̀ ̿s̶͕p̖o̓ok̨̮ͨy̧̖ͩ ̭t̴̔o̞͢g̩eͅtͯ͜h̷̅e̖̕r͈!̧" 'Pump' said while walking into the house without being let in.

"You're not 𝓢𝓹𝓸𝓸𝓴𝔂!! You're scary!" Skid said between small sobs.  He clung to his mother's shirt tighter as he didn't want this person to hurt him.  Whoever this was, it wasn't Pump.

"Skid?  What happened?  Why is he like that?" Lila asked, eyeing 'Pump' with uncertainty.  Skid only responded with a small whimper.

"O͔h̰,̩͛̀ ͝c̡ͨoͅm̯e͛ ̩oͪ́n̟͢!̤̊͞ ̅ W̶e ͏ẁ̥ĕr̪͐e̦ ͨi͕n̜͟ ͔t̽h͇͟i̡s̢ͦ ṫo͕g͕e̬t̨̼h̴̖̊er̵͉!̷" 'Pump' said with an evil grin plastered on his face.  Skid shrunk back a bit, tears still rolling down his face.  Lila had enough.

"Alright.  Pump, I think you should leave." Lila said in a demanding tone.  'Pump' had other ideas in mind, though.

"H͞o̲͑w̫͆ ͅa̴b̯̐ọͨ̀u̡̫t̓.̡.͘.̢͉. ̘̕n̈͠õ͚" He said, instead stepping closer to the two.  Lila took a step back, and Skid stared at 'Pump'. It was a while until he wiggled free from the safety of his mother's arms and approached the pumpkin boy.

"Pump this isn't you..!" Skid said, shocking both Lila and 'Pump'.  Skid had no idea what he was doing, but his body seemed to be in autopilot.  "Please you have to remember!" He begged

"Skid-" Lila said, but was cut off by 'Pump'.

"T̛̄hi̯ș ̞̍̕I̝͟S̗ m̍͜e̲̕,̹͟ d͋e͘a͡r̡̒ͅ ͪS̳kͥ͏i̗d͌͟.͏ ̬͒ ͆N̗o̰ ńe̥ȇ̪d̛ ͓̃t̠o̝͗ ̈r͓͢ę̞̓m̱e͖̽̕mb͓̐͜e̵͍̔rͫ̕ ͇ͯaͅn̘y̳̅҉thͬiͯn͈g̷ͅ.͚ͬ" 'Pump' said with a laugh.  Skid looked like he wanted to say something, but the words couldn't form in his mouth.

"Kids... It's getting late and you should go to bed soon..." Lila said with a sigh.

"What about Pump?  He can stay the night and hang out with Moloch!" Skid suggested.  A corrupted Pump is a Pump that shouldn't be trusted alone.  Or outside unsupervised.

"Who's Moloch...?" Lila hesitantly asked.

"Our 𝓢𝓹𝓸𝓸𝓴𝔂 friend in the attic!" Skid said smiling for once.  And that's what happened.  They locked all the windows/doors so 'Pump' couldn't escape easily and Lila called 'Pump's' parents.  They all went to bed with the subtle sound of scratching coming from the attic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

617 words