Sad Ending

[This is it..] he thought. [It's finally over. I'm finally free.] He closed his eyes as he felt his body relax. There were no longer any bubbles floating up to the surface. Remus had stopped choking on the water. The fight was over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Janus awoke to find an empty spot in the bed next to him. He figured Remus was in the bathroom again, recovering from the effects of his repression. Deceit stood up and made his way to the bathroom, only to open the door and find it empty. His heart dropped slightly but he didn't start to panic just yet.
Janus sunk out to the living room. There was no sign of Remus and the others were still asleep. He checked the kitchen and it was also empty. After checking every room in the Mindscape (even the Imagination) Janus let himself start to worry. Where is he?!
Going back to his room, Janus looked around for something, anything that would tell him where Remus was. That's when he saw it: the note on the dresser. He took a breath in and picked it up. It was difficult to read with Remus's sloppy handwriting and a bunch of ink smudges from wet spots. Janus could make out what it said though. It read:

Hi DeeDee. I'm really, really sorry. I'm so sorry. I couldn't take it anymore. They were too loud. So, I decided to drown them out. Normal people usually write notes for this sort of thing so I decided to be normal for at least one time before I died. I love you. I leave my heart to you, I ripped it out and left it in a jar in the closet before I left. :}) You're amazing. You're like the sun, except you don't melt my skin off when I go near you. I'd still like you anyways. Anyways, I'm sorry. I'm in the pool if you're looking for me. I love you. I'm so sorry.

Remus

Janus felt his heart shatter. He couldn't even form words to describe what he was feeling reading that letter. He raced to the pool only to find what he feared he would; he saw Remus floating underwater. Eyes closed, skin a horrible shade of blue and purple, mouth agape. Deceit ran to him and ripped his shirt and shoes off. He dived into the water and quickly undid the chains. He grabbed Remus and dragged him up out of the pool.
Janus trembled as he attempted to preform CPR, though he knew his efforts were futile. "No..please no." he whispered as he started to choke on his sobs. "No. NO!" he screamed as he held Remus to his chest with his limp head in his hands. "No, god, no, please. Remus, please wake up I need you."
Patton and Logan came running outside, Virgil and Roman following close behind. "We heard screaming what's-" Patton stopped short when he saw the scene in front of him. "Oh my god."
Nothing, absolutely nothing, could describe how all five of them felt when they lost Remus. It was cold, so cold without him. It was quiet, so quiet without him. They never recovered, never were able to be themselves again. There were some good days, but there were more bad days.
It hit Janus the hardest. Remus was always there for him. He was the only one who never left Janus. Until now. He had lost him. Forever.