18 | drowned blood

Start from the beginning

"I knew you needed something." Rolling my eyes by his need to always be right I ended the call cutting of his laugher through the other line and rode near my destination.

Feeling my phone vibrate in my back pocket I sighted Having a feeling it was Alexandro I was ready to yell this time into the phone not caring how many were going to glare at me stupidly for snapping me out of my red wine, white wine, or champagne thoughts.

"What is it now?" Expecting to hear Alexandro's annoying voice.

"Roy, I found it." A female voice rang through the phone making me calm down and loosen my grip on my vehicle.

Exactly what I needed today.

"What got you in such a bad mood today?" I heard Octavia laugh making me relax my shoulders a bit.

"I'm coming, I'll be there shortly and tell you everything," I assured, hanging up and driving off to our penthouse.

_________

Opening the door, I was greeted by the yellow-orange toned light coming from my window walls in the living room facing the door.

"She has finally decided to show up at her very own home. Can you believe it, Cecilia?" Octavia's voice beamed from the living room causing me to roll my eyes.

𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐀 𝐁𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐈
an old-time friend from back in the days when I would take missions to London. She and I had grown close over the years when she had broken into our system and warned me that someone was behind me, probably about to jam a knife into my back.

I was still new to the job, so I basically owed her my life. Ever since that day Lorenzo had gone crazy because no one had ever entered his system. To this day he didn't know who did it, and I may or may not have forgotten to tell him.

I contacted her and asked her if she wanted to work with us and all she said was "when, where, and with who and if it's that pretty boy who has been trying to find out I was it then I am all in."

"What do you have for me Via?" I asked walking over to the kitchen and getting myself three glasses of red wine. And yes, I concluded I needed that from the start.

"Ever heard of the Marquise Diamond? she asked, not taking her eyes away from the blue screen light in front of her as I walked over to Ci and poured her a glass.

Giving her a short no, she turned around looking at the both of us smiling.

"The Marquise Diamond was originally from Egypt protected in one of those pyramids. But after choosing the wrong guy to protect the diamond, someone from the underground stole and passed it until it got in the hands of Arian Ganim, an Arabian weapon dealer in Dubai.

The diamond costs over 26 253 647.00 Saudi-Riyal and you wanna know how much it is in US-Dollar?" she asked, looking me dead in the eye.

"It would be a total of 7 Million Dollars. And you know what else, Roy? You are damn lucky pupa [babe] cause Arian Ganim is near us and of course with his price piece wanting to show the world what he got recently." she winked, smiling.

He wasn't going to keep it for long.

"So what do we do?" Ci asked from beside me, leaning her hand on the armchair and smiling, stealing happy glances from Via who was equally excited.

"We get ourselves the Marquise cause let's face it, we can't always do little things," I said taking a quick sip out of my wineglass.

"Now Via where exactly is this man?"

____________

Taking my black bag out of the trunk, I turned around to my left, seeing the big wooden mansion in the middle of a dark-forest green field with a perfect view of the highland behind.

"You ready?" Ci asked beside me as I opened the bag and pulled the silver hand-shaped weapon, attaching them to my fingers and wrist.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I returned, speaking loud enough for Via to hear me through the earpiece.

"Perfect, Roy, you have the plan of the building. Go in, find the velvet door and get in as fast as you can. There are guards, so be careful." Val instructed.

Giving her a short yea, I left the car in the middle of the silent road and walked up to the gates and further down to the mansion, stopping at the large wooden doors.

"How may I help you ladies?" one of the black-dressed guards asked, looking us up and down.

One could really compare us to one of those rich ladies with our obsidian and fire orange long dresses paired with black and white fur going from one arm behind our second attached to the underarms.

"We heard there was an open house," I answered, seeing them both look at each other suspiciously.

You have every right to be...

"How do you know about it?" the second one to the left to the door asked smiling, probably liking the idea of seeing two young women being tied up in the underground.

"Let's just say we are familiar with these things," Ci answered calmly, giving them the correct answer by the way their pupils grew.

Stepping aside from the entry, they let us walk in.

Taking few steps over the golden doorstep, we were greeted by a man and two black dressed man on each side at the top of an enormous staircase designed with a red carpet over every single stair, and a big French window at the end causing it to appear like those in the museums.

"You know what to do?" I asked quietly, walking up beside her.

"Definitely know what to do," she answered, walking further away from the entry with me up to the brown-golden-suited man.

As soon as we reached him, I looked over to Ci, knowing we were currently sharing the same thoughts.

"Welcome. I am Arian Gamin the man's house you are in currently," he said proudly, gesturing around the house smiling.

"The guests are all waiting upstairs, how about you follow me," he said flirtatiously, remaining his gaze longer on me than needed.

Walking beside him, his eyes were met with my posture a few times until we stood in front of the velvet door we were aware of.

You will get your time with me buddy, I just don't think you will like it cause I am a very critical witch who gets to touch me.

"We are in," I said silently, making sure to not raise my voice too much, only enough for Via to hear.

"Perfect, now all you got to do is wait until he brings you to the Marquise which I am sure he will do. Arian Ganim is a very showy man, always needing to prove that he can have anything he wants." that was enough information I needed to know how to get a man like him to show me what I wanted.

Entering the room, many people were standing around the room sipping on their glasses and chatting about whatever these rich people liked to talk about.

Probably how much property each one earned or what new custom-designed shoes or dress they bought.

"Now what can I get you, ladies?" Arian asked, walking with us up to the bar.

"A champagne would be all. Thank you" I answered, not meeting his eyes. My eyes had their own mind wanting to wander around the room to find that the one thing I came here for.

Via was sure it would be here, but there was no trace of a big white diamond.

"Well, since it is almost time, how about we begin with the tour?" he asked, looking me promptly in the eyes, smirking.

Time to get the diamond and get the hell out of here.

"Why don't we?"

——————
update: every wednesday
To get more information on my update schedule visit my Instagram page.
Link in my bio