19

Harry paced back and forth in the kitchen at 12 Grimmauld Place, not knowing what to do with himself.

     His youngest son had been kidnapped for what seemed like forever and he felt like he wasn't doing anything to help with the investigation. He'd been kicked off the case by the Head Auror given how personal it was. He had to console his wife but he was reaching his wit's end. He needed to do something. But what could he do?

     A chime from the fireplace could be heard throughout his home letting him know he had a fire call. It was Dumbledore with hopefully some good news.

     "Harry, we need you and Ginny to come to St. Mungos at once. We found James," he said.

     Harry wasted no time as he yelled the news to his wife who was upstairs.

     "I'd like Zane to be with us, take him out of whatever class he's in," Harry all but demanded of his former headmaster once his wife was ready.

     "He's actually already there. I sent him ahead with McGonagall," the older man said. "But Harry, there are some things we need to discuss when you arrive... and you're not going to like it."

*****

     Dumbledore told him all about the woman who supposedly held his son captive and how she said she was done using him. For what, he didn't know. He told Harry about the note that was left and how tracking her was now useless. A broken wand was all that was left behind after the Aurors went on a wild goose chase following her apparitions. He also had to break the news that the woman was now in the wind.

     "And you're sure it's not Hermione?" Harry asked, not believing what he was hearing. His son's captor was going to pay for this if it was the last thing he ever did. "There is a possibility that it could've been her using the polyjuice potion though, right?"

     Harry wasn't quite sure of anything at this point. Even if it was Hermione, they didn't have any evidence to question her. All he had were gut feelings and those were speculations at best. Unless they wanted to reveal all the history they truly shared with the woman, there was no reason to even bring her up officially.

     Dumbledore echoed his sentiments and essentially said what Harry was thinking soon after. He wasn't ready for the world to know the truth. Little did he know, a window of opportunity would open very soon. Whether he would take notice and use it to his advantage is a completely different story.

*****

On the other side of the veil...

     "It sure is cold over here. I can't feel a thing."

     "I know my love, but I am confident that we'll be back in the world of the living pretty soon."

     "Do you think she knows all three of us will come back? A spell of this magnitude definitely has the power to bring more than just you two. Especially with the amount of power she possesses."

     "I don't think she knows, Daddy. We've been watching her for months and she apparently has no idea who she truly is. She doesn't know you're my father making you her grandfather. I'm not even sure the Malfoys know. Looks like she's only prepared to have two bodies come back..."

     "Don't you worry, I have a plan for that."