9

It was pitch black when she opened her eyes. When her vision adjusted she looked to her right and saw Draco lying on the ground. Hermione crawled over to him and shook his shoulder a little. The movement was enough to wake him and when his eyes opened, a bright smile graced his features. He sat up and considered their surroundings. Hermione looked around as well.

     To the left of them, she noticed a light. It seemed to be coming from the bottom of a closed door. She pointed to the light and Draco nodded. Together, they made their way in that direction.

     All of a sudden, they started to hear voices.

     "What was so secret that you couldn't tell me in front of Ron?" A voice asked.

     "It's about my parents Harry, my real parents. I'm afraid I don't even know who I am anymore," another voice replied.

     Hermione and Draco looked at each other, silently agreeing to get closer. When they reached the doorway, they realized it wasn't closed at all. They saw a younger version of Hermione sitting on her bed talking to a boy, whose name was apparently Harry.

     "I've been struggling with this information since a couple of weeks before we boarded the train at King's Cross for the school year," young Hermione began. "I found out that the couple I was living with were my adoptive parents. Richard and Jean Granger took me in when I was a baby at the request of my real parents. Well... they were placed under a strong memory charm that lifted after my 18th birthday. When the magic broke, mum and dad remembered everything from the beginning. They sat me down and gave me letters from my real parents. I know that Jean and Richard love me and they did their best to give me a great life, but I'm at a loss, Harry."

     The young woman took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

     "My name is Mya Braylee Dolohov. My parents are Antonin and Renova Dolohov and they're both Deatheaters..." She trailed off as she sobbed into her hands. "My whole life has been a lie, I'm a pureblood. As if being Head Girl this year with Draco Malfoy, of all people, as Head Boy wasn't going to be difficult enough, I'm being thrown into this new world and I can't do anything about it."

     The boy named Harry had been quiet this whole time but chose this moment to place a hand over the young girl's.

     "I can't say that I'm happy about this, but it isn't about me, it's about you. I would take some time to get to know yourself again now that such a huge load of unexpected information has been dropped into your lap. I'll always be here for you, no matter what happens," he said.

     Young Hermione smiled through her tears.

     "Why Harry, such a mature response!" She exclaimed teasingly.

     He smiled and raised his hands in a nonchalant manner. "I do what I can. I am glad you dragged me from the Great Hall to tell me all of this though, Ron would've disowned you where you stood."

     The girl chuckled lightly but quickly sobered up.

     "You're right. I don't even want to think about Ron right now. I think I'll go to the library and do some research," she said. The boy guffawed.

     "The library?!" Harry shook his head. "The library is your answer to everything Mione."

     She laughed as well.

     "Its the only place where I can truly think, Harry! Don't poke fun!" She sighed. "But I need to find out everything I can about this Antonin and Renova if I'm to truly believe I'm their child. How these people had time to make babies with all that rubbish in their lives is beyond me. Like, come on, your leader is a halfblooded twit who can't even see straight!"

     Both of the teens laughed as the memory faded into blackness.

     Hermione gasped for air and momentarily forgot she was underwater. She swam to the surface only to return to a slack-jawed Draco staring back at her.

     "Why are you--"

     She was cut off by an immense pain in her brain. She clutched her head as she cried out in distress. Bright white lights seemed to flash before her eyes for what seemed like an eternity. Draco grabbed her flailing arms before she knocked herself off balance and fell back into the spring.

     When the pain subsided, she opened her eyes. It looked as if a dark cloud had passed overhead, for it had gotten a shade darker than it was before. Her emotions were all over the place.

     Draco knew something was wrong when she uttered three unmistakable words.

     "I. Remember. Everything."