twenty one - Двадцать один

Sam and I eventually caught up to Bucky. He was brooding and I could feel the heat of his anger as we walked with Sam between us.

"What do we do now? Zemo's gone and we don't know where Karli is?" Sam asked looking at Bucky and me. Bucky's eyes were trained forward, never turning to even acknowledge Sam. Sam's phone began to ring, turning his attention away from the subject at hand.

I listened as Sam was on the phone, but I couldn't understand the voice of the person on the phone. As we walked, I moved over to speak to Bucky.

"Hey..." I said softly putting my hand on Bucky's back but he shrugged my hand away. My eyes widened at the childish motion.

"Bucky I just want to know what Ayo meant. That's all," I said putting my hands up in surrender.

"She didn't mean anything," Bucky spat at me, keeping his eyes forward.

"I know you're lying, does it have something to do with my name being in your book?" I questioned, Bucky turned on his heel and grabbed my arm pinching it which stopped us in our tracks. A look of shock written in my features as I looked at him. Sam continued walking still on the phone.

"Why are you being such a prick?" I spat, struggling against his grip.

"Lina I told you I would talk to you about this later," He scolded me, pointing his hand in my face while holding me with the other. My face pinched into a frustrated expression and I pulled my arm away from Bucky.

"Fine," I said, and Bucky let go walking after Sam.

"You're lucky I don't hit my elders," I muttered under my breath before I continued walking. Bucky must've heard because he whipped around again, an angry look on his face as he waved that same finger at me. Bucky was about to say something when Sam cut him off.

"Karli just called Sarah. She threatened my nephews," He said, worry laced in his words.

"Oh my gosh," I brought a hand to my chest, I thought Karli liked Sam, I wouldn't have expected her to threaten his family.

"She told Sarah, to tell me to contact her through this number," Sam showed me his phone, and a text popped up.

"She said she wants to meet at this address," I said handing the phone back to Sam. He read it before looking at Bucky and me.

"Suit up," was all Sam said. We turned around heading back to the safe house where my S.H.I.E.L.D. agent suit was, along with Sam's wings and Bucky's uniform.

We entered the house and I wanted to try and talk to Bucky again, but it didn't seem like the right time. Karli had just threatened Sam's family and to protect them we needed to find her.

Bucky and Sam went one way to get ready, and I went to my room where my bag was, quickly changing into the almost skin tight suit, S.H.I.E.L.D. gave me. I pulled on the crop jacket and some fingerless gloves before tying my boots and leaving the room.

I met Bucky and Sam out in the common area. Bucky did a double take, he seemed mesmerized by my suit but I wasn't going to show him that I appreciated his looks. I noticed his eyes trail over the curves of my hips as I tied my hair into a high ponytail.

"Let's go," was all I said before walking past them and out the door, ready to find the girl who threatened the family of someone I was starting to consider apart of my family.

                        ——————————

As we walked to the address Karli gave us, I caught Bucky stealing glances, admiring me. I wasn't about to give him the satisfaction of knowing that it made me feel good that he liked the way I looked, especially in my suit.