── ⊱ 𖢲 14

The frontal attack would be made by Arthur, Diana, Barry and Viktor and no matter what would happen, the four would see, they should stick to the plan, because for that, they were here. The tower, on the other hand, would be destroyed by Bruce, and as for Nova herself, she wanted to take care of the Parademons, so that the others could take care of the essential problem and not have to deal with them.

The dome was the purest dream, because it withstood the first guns. A small hole had appeared, but within seconds, this was again overgrown. The second charge, which Bruce fired, provided the desired effect and the plane managed to get through, but there remained a kind of invisible barrier, which caused damage to the onboard electronics. This barrier also caused Nova to be slammed against the plane's wall and lay on the ground for a moment, for now. Looking up, however, there was something positive to see. The tower was destroyed, chunks fell to the ground and the red dome, gradually dissolved.

However, the unpleasant part came right after. The parademons. Not to mention the crash landing.

"The tower is off. Can you hear me?" it must have taken Bruce a moment to get a response, being in direct radio contact with Barry, "You need to get to the reactor. I'll draw as many of those monsters away from you as I can."

"I'll go ahead," snorted Nova, who punched Bruce in the shoulder with the bottom of her fist in a parting gesture, "Those things should still know me, and maybe that'll make me lucky enough not to get impaled or shot directly by them. Good luck or something."

Nova was barely standing outside the plane, and Bruce had closed the cargo hatch behind her, when she could already hear the flapping of the approaching parademons' wings, which grew louder by the second. It was reminiscent of insects, which in this case, were bigger, more annoying and deadlier.

•••

Nova had not gone far when she heard loud gunshots followed by a loud bang. Doesn't interest you, it occurred to her again, so she ran on until the first houses began and climbed up one of them. This town had become the purest ruin. It was, as so often, hard to imagine that people should have lived here once.

Nodding at the sight of the approaching swarm, Nova pushed back her sleeves, exhaled audibly and raised her hands, around which red smoke was slowly forming. The first group of Parademons was trapped by something red, in a sphere, but in the next few seconds, it was free again. This is exactly what she meant, that she was not able to control it.

A trident hit one of the parademons that Nova had trapped for a ridiculously long period of time.

"Stop thinking," Arthur shouted, pointing high into the sky where the next group was already approaching, "You don't need to know how it works, just do it. The reactor doesn't wait and I suspect you have a score to settle with someone there."

If it should come to that and Nova should not die first.

•••

On the way to the reactor, one thing became obvious. Everything took place there. Above the roofs of the buildings in the sky, no more parademons could be seen, but only heard in the distance. And in all the destruction she passed, just before reaching the reactor, a black car could be seen burning brightly.

Hastily, Nova jumped a chunk of rubble, looked in the direction from which shots were coming and saw a group of Parademons busy with someone on the rise.

──────⊱◈☬◈⊰──────

──────⊱◈☬◈⊰──────