Creating & Exporting an Instrumental Backtrack Mix

So you've a created a great song in Logic Pro X and you'd like to use the mix minus your voice as a backtrack on your next gig. So how do you go about it?

In the video above

Music Tech Help Guy, who teaches college level music and is the Logic Pro YouTube Guru par excellence IMHO, shares how you can create project alternatives and export them as a new project package. This is great if you need to compare different versions of a mix or, as I need to, now, create a backtrack.

Creating a backtrack for a gig

The method Music Tech Help Guy demonstrates in this video is very useful for me right now as I need a backtrack for my latest mix, I'm Leaning On You (in Swedish it is "Jag Lutar Mig Mot Dig Alltid". Now the Swedish version was done later and is better than the English version and I think that a hybrid of the two is what I want as a backtrack for a gig.

On Saturday, April 17th, I will be doing a 20 minute set as a part of a greater show/worship set on Red's Room Entertainment's Live Show (on Facebook Live and YouTube Live). I'd like to create a backtrack using the Swedish mix but want to remove the acoustic guitar and vocals and then add some english backing vocals (from the English mix) to the Swedish instrumental mix. 

This requires that I first open the Swedish mix, called "Jag Lutar Mig Mot Dig Alltid", and then, within it, create a new project alternative (instrumental minus acoustic guitar). Then I can extract that mix as its own sessions folder (a new project) before adding the extra English background vocals tracks. I've never done this before. So here we go!

This is the English version

I have made real changes since then in the Swedish version which will be release in about ten days. (I have already sent it to CDBaby for distribution). I know it would be easier to just make a backtrack out of the English version but I think this will be worth the trouble.

Another thing to remember, when creating a backtrack for a live gig is to place a few seconds before and after the song to make sure that there is time to switch between songs (Sony Walkman is what I use). 

Until Next time....gotta go.