"now, that's why i'm disappointed in you, na jaemin."

jaemin lowered his head again, something he seemed to be doing a lot these past days.

"when you were taken into sm entertainment, you signed a contract. do you remember?"

"yes sir." jaemin replied, almost robotically.

"and i'm sure you read all the content of that contract."

"i did."

"great. and do you recall the content of the contract?"

jaemin gulped. "i don't remember exactly every single line of it, but i remember the general idea..."

sooman chuckled, opening one of the drawers of his desk and pulling a bundle of paper out of it.

"let me refresh your memory."

the ceo place the paper on the desk, pushing it towards jaemin who stared at it with a confused face. on top of the document was written 'idol: na jaemin, august 13th 2000.'

"please, open this to page two, paragraph three." lee sooman said calmly.

jaemin did as he was told, his trembling hands having difficulty in turning the thin pages.

he eventually managed to see the paragraph the ceo was talking about.

"please, read it out loud." he said, turning around in his swivel chair so that his back was facng jaemin and the two managers.

jaemin coughed, concentrating on the said paragraph.

"an idol's life has to be- "

"you know exactly what i asked you to read." the ceo cut him in a rather harsh voice. "so please, read the right part."

jaemin's eyes wandered across the paragraph, until he found a certain sentence.

"an idol should be honest all the time. he should never keep secrets from his members or his managers if the said secret can become problematic and compromise the well-being of the group. also- "

"stop."

jaemin shut his mouth, looking at the ceo once again.

"what can you say now, jaemin?" he asked, turning around again to face the boy.

"i though my issue wouldn't compromise- "

"WHAT CAN YOU SAY?!" the ceo slammed his hand on the table.

jaemin gulped for the nth time.

"i didn't respect that rule." he admitted.

"great." sooman said. "now, go to the last page. there should be a handwritten sentence. could you read it, please?"

jaemin flipped the pages once again, finding his writing at the very bottom of the last page.

"i, na jaemin, swear to respect and follow all the rules in order to become an idol and ensure the well-being of my group. i accept to be punished if i ever disrespect a rule."

jaemin's eyes stopped a few seconds on the stamp staining the contract next to lee sooman's signature. that was the last step before becoming an idol. the freaking stamp, and the ceo's signature.

"so." the ceo clapped his hands, pulling jaemin's contract from the boys' hands. "do you agree that you did something wrong?"

"i agree..." jaemin lowered his head.

"look at me, jaemin." the man said firmly.

jamin did so, feeling his heart speeding up.

"you disrespected a rule. and as that last sentence says, you deserve to be punished."

jaemin nodded slowly, already expecting the worst.

however, he was far from expecting that this could happen.

his heart stopped beating when sooman tore his contract in half, before throwing it back on the table.

"you're not part of sm entertainment anymore, jaemin."