💔 10 💔

renjun entered the dream dorm with chenle after a long day.

they had filmed the 'from home' music video in just a day, and this had been exhausting.

chenle had ran to the bathroom, leaving renjun alone in the living room with all his tiredness.

the boy decided to plop on one of the couches, but he was prevented to do so when he noticed that jeno and jaemin were already sleeping there.

jeno was sitting, his head leaning back on the back rest, and his hand tangled in jaemin's blonde hair. the younger boy was lying on the couch fully, and his upper torso as well as his head were resting on jeno's lap, as if it was a pillow.

renjun took his phone out, snapping a picture of the heavenly view and setting it as his lock screen.

it was no secret that renjun had developed some kind of crush for jeno when he had joined the group, and that the fact they had shared a kiss had empowered his feelings for the boy.

but at the same time, jaemin held a very special place in his heart. he was a cute and fragile boy that needed to be protected at all costs.

at first, renjun was a bit mad at jaemin for earning all of jeno's attention. jaemin liked jeno. and this made jeno curious about jaemin.

but after a while, renjun started getting interested himself into jaemin. he started to find the boy cute and lovely, funny and angel-like. and so, he developed feelings for him.

not love at first, but just adoration and care.

now, renjun was a bit lost with his feelings.

he was sure he liked jeno. their kiss a few years ago had confirmed it, even if they had never spoken about it again after.

however, did he like jaemin too?

everything was so complicated, and the fact he had learned about jaemin's disease had made him even more worried for the korean male. but could that be called love?

renjun walked behind the couch, dropping a kiss on jeno's accessible neck.

this made the boy squirm a bit in his sleep, and then open his eyes.

"renjun...?" he mumbled; eyes half-opened. "you're back...?"

"i am." renjun smiled at the sight.

jeno and him looked at each other in the eye in silence, admiring the other's beauty.

"slept good?" renjun asked.

jeno looked down at the figure still peacefully sleeping on his numb legs, and smiled bright.

"yeah..." he replied. "i mean... who wouldn't sleep well while having a literal angel sleeping on their lap?"

"right." renjun said, resting his chin on top of the back rest of the couch to look at jaemin sleeping too.

"do you realise that this creature has his heart sick...?" renjun spoke after a while, staring at jaemin's beautiful features.

"yeah... i can't believe it..." jeno replied, caressing the younger's scalp softly.

"poor heart... always getting out of breath..." renjun told, looking at jaemin's chest going up and down with his breaths.

one problem though.

his chest wasn't moving a slight bit.

"jeno? is he breathing?" renjun asked, widening his eyes.

"of course, he..." jeno placed his hand on the boy's chest, not feeling his heart beating. "i can't feel his heart."

renjun rushed to the other side of the sofa, placing his head above jaemin's mouth to see if he could hear his breathing.

he looked at jeno with tears forming in his eyes.

"i-i... i can't hear anything..." he let out.

jeno shook jaemin's shoulders in an attempt to wake him up.

"jaemin? jaemin?" he called.

"please, jaemin!" renjun cried next to him.

"jaemin, wake up!" jeno shook his body more vigorously.

both boys felt their heart beat quicken considerably when they saw jaemin's brows furrowing and then hearing the boy coughing.

jeno stopped shaking his body, placing an arm under him to help jaemin sitting up.

the boy stopped coughing after a few seconds, his eyes opening before looking at his surroundings, not expecting to find two boys looking at him with tears in their eyes and worried looks on.

"huh... is there something wrong?" jaemin asked with a brow raised.

the two boys jumped on top of jaemin, embracing him in a huge hug.

renjun was crying and jeno couldn't control the speed of his heartbeat anymore.

"guys...?" jaemin spoke, a bit taken aback by the sudden reaction.

"you had stopped breathing in your sleep, jaemin." jeno spoke first.

"we... w-we thought you were d-dead..." renjun added, his voice damaged by his tears.

"w-what?" jaemin asked, not believing what he had just heard.

"you were having sleep apnea." jeno repeated.

jaemin gulped.

sleep apnea?

his mother had told him about it.

she had mentioned that it was a sleep disorder that could occur for people suffering of breathing problems.

and jaemin's disease made him had breathing problems.

so, here was another fear adding to the list of fears jaemin had developed with his disease...

now, he had the fear of dying while he was sleeping...

"sleep apnea..." he whispered, feeling terrified at the thought of it.

"it's okay, jaemin." jeno told. "you're alright, that's all that matters."

"and we'll make sure it will stay that way." renjun added.

and boy, did jaemin's heart flutter...

he couldn't survive if those two males kept hugging him this tight while whispering reassuring words in his ears...