💔 13 💔

jaemin was looking at the stage in front of which dozens of nctzens were changing and waiting impatiently for their favourite group to perform.

"make a wish on stage in 2 minutes!" one of the staffs declared, making jaemin's heartbeat fasten once again.

this wasn't health for him.

poor boy was already breathless even before his performance.

"calm down..." jaemin whispered, taking a deep breath while holding onto his chest.

"jaemin!" a voice called the stressed boy, making him turn around.

"yeah?"

"how are you feeling?" renjun asked, tugging a strand of hair back behind jaemin's ear.

"stressed." jaemin replied honestly.

"it's normal. but you have to use this stress to your advantage, okay?" renjun asked. "make sure good stress is pushing you forward and helping you sing without getting out of breath. push your bad stress away."

jaemin nodded, tension once again when he heard the staff yelling to the nct members to gather next to the side corridors of the stage to be able to enter the stage soon.

"well..." renjun smiled. "jeno wasn't able to come because he's having his hair done, but he asked me to tell you good luck. he's counting on you to do your best."

jaemin smiled, his heart fluttering at the idea of jeno thinking about him even if he couldn't say it to his face.

"that's kind of him." jaemin spoke. "you'll thank him for me?"

"of course." renjun replied.

jaemin got to the stage corridors, standing just behind taeyong who was telling the boys to concentrate and make sure to be expressive on stage.

"good luck, jaem." renjun spoke, standing in front of jaemin.

"thanks." jaemin replied.

"shine bright. i'll watch your performance up close. i want you to make me feel things."

"feel things?" jaemin raised a brow.

"do your best and be the handsome man you always are." renjun said before pecking jaemin's cheek.

"on stage! on stage! on stage!" their manager pushed jaemin before the boy could answer anything.

in a matter of seconds, jaemin found himself on a dark stage, surrounded bu six of his members, in front of a crowd of nctzens who were agitating their lightsticks up in the air.

jaemin steadied his breathing, closing his eyes, breathing in by the nose, and out by the mouth.

the whistling part came up, and after two seconds, the seven boys started dancing.

it didn't take long for the dancing to get more intense, and for jaemin to feel his heartbeat quickening in his chest.