Chapter 9: The New Guy at Yeo-Il

The plane touched down in Seoul, South Korea late at night. One of the passengers that had debarked was a boy who appeared to be the age of a high school freshman. He lugged his suitcase over to the taxi he had flagged down and got into the backseat.

"You seem excited to be here," The taxi driver noted as he began to drive. "Vacation?"

"Something of the sort," The boy smiled. "My sister just moved here recently. I'm gonna visit her, see if she's adjusting well,"

XXX

[Your Name] [Last Name] woke up to knocking at her front door. She glanced at the time on her phone and frowned. 'It's nearly midnight. No normal person would be knocking at this hour. No one knows where I live. Is it a robber? A thief?' She carefully made her way to the door and looked through the peephole. 

"Alistair!?" She exclaimed as she opened the door. "What are you doing here!?"

'He's here to take you back,'

"Yo, [Your Name]!" Alistair grinned "I'm staying at your place for a month!"

'A month. That's the amount of time you'll have left to be free,'

"Why?" [Your Name] asked. "Why are you here?" 'Don't take me back. Please, I want to live a normal, peaceful life. I don't want to return to the guild,'

"Can I come in?"

'No,' "Uh, sure," [Your Name] moved aside so he could enter. "You never answered my question as to why you're here,"

"My brother wants me to check up on you and make sure you're not leaking any info about the guild," Alistair shrugged as he took out his own sleeping bag. He was unbothered by the lack of furniture.

"I didn't leak any info," [Your Name] claimed. 

"I know you didn't," 'And Craton knows that too,' Alistair crawled into his sleeping bag. "Look, it's already late. Sorry if I woke you if you were already asleep. We got school in a couple hours, so let's catch some z's,"

[Your Name] reluctantly got into her own sleeping bag. 'He's not going to take me back, right? He'll just stay here for a month and then leave?'

She wouldn't admit it, but Alistair's presence made the apartment feel a bit warmer. 

XXX

[Your Name] woke up to her alarm clock and nearly jumped out of her skin when she saw Alistair nearby. 'That's right. He arrived late last night and told me he's gonna stay for a month to confirm that I didn't leak any guild info,' She got up and prepared for school. 

Alistair was still fast asleep by the time she was ready.

"Hey, Alistair," She crouched down and tapped his cheek. "Wake up. You enrolled in Eunjang too, right? We gotta get going,"

"Five more minutes..." Alistair mumbled and rolled over.

'He's still the same as always,' [Your Name] reminisced. 'If we weren't going to school and didn't have anything planned for the day, he would sleep in,' "Come on, Al. Get your ass up,"

"Ugh..." Alistair groaned as he finally got up. "Why couldn't you have enrolled into online classes instead?" He groggily got ready.

[Your Name] stared at him when he finished changing into his uniform. "I thought you were going to attend the same school as me?"

"I am?" Alistair stared back at her with confusion. "You're attending Yeo-Il, right? It's one of the more prestigious schools in the area,"

"I'm attending Eunjang," She told him. "You think I'd want to go up against the academically gifted? I'd rather just chill throughout the rest of my high school years,"