Chapter 7: More Brothers

"[Your Name]?"

Said person looked up from the register. "Jake? What are you doing here?"

"My friends and I go to Daehyeon High School," Jake reminded as he pointed to the school in clear view of the window.

"Cafe Gamma's right next to Daehyeon!?" [Your Name] exclaimed.

[Your Name]'s coworker, Alice, raised a brow. "Did you really not realize that Cafe Gamma is located near the rear gate of Daehyeon High School?"

"No..." [Your Name] mumbled. 

"Oh right, these guys are my friends, Dean Kwan, Timothy Park, and Eunchan Hong," Jake introduced and then motioned to the other orange haired boy in the group. "This is my older brother, Kenny. Guys, this is my little sister, [Your Name] [Last Name],"

"I guess that makes me your older brother too," Kenny smiled.

"Sure," [Your Name] shrugged, knowing that she wouldn't be able to get Jake to not claim her as a sister.

"Hey, why don't we all be your brothers?" Eunchan suggested. "The more the merrier,"

'This one's as energetic as Jake,' [Your Name] noted. "Do what you want," 'The other two, Dean and Timmy, don't seem to be as hyperactive as Jake and Eunchan. Kenny is also one of the calm ones,'

"Yay! We're all family now!" Eunchan cheered. 

"Okay," [Your Name] shrugged once more. "So, what do you guys want to order?" She scribbled down their orders onto her notepad and began to prepare it. "Hey, Timmy was it? Why are you staring at me like that?"

"Y-You're the Scarlet Devil!" Timmy stuttered and pulled out his tablet to show the rankings. 

RANK 13 | Eunjang's Scarlet Devil | Name Unknown

Yoosun | Team Play: Win (Team Play)
Hyeongshin | Team Play: Win
Hyeongshin | Forrest Lee: Win (Team Play)

3 Consecutive Wins
Success Rate: 100%

Jake whistled and was obviously impressed. "You're already Rank 13. Hey Dean, you better watch out because she might overtake you,"

"I don't give a damn about those rankings," Dean claimed.

"Neither do I," [Your Name] agreed. "If there was prize money, I'd defeat whoever was Number One,"

"The Number One in the Shuttle Patch Rankings is Donald Na," Jake's tone was super serious, confusing [Your Name]. "He's very dangerous. Avoid him at all costs,"

"Like I said," [Your Name] repeated. "I don't care about the rankings unless there's prize money," 'Donald Na? I could've sworn I heard that name being mentioned before. Since I forgot it, I guess it must not have been very important,'

"The fight against Hyeongshin was recent," Jake noted. "Was Forrest Lee the one who gave you those injuries?"

"They're minor injuries," [Your Name] told him. "I'm fine. Besides, my friends fought alongside me. It was three against twelve, but we still won,"

"Still...I don't want him to get away with attacking you," Jake clenched his fist. 'I want to protect you. I wasn't able to protect Kenny back then, so I want to protect you. I won't ever let my family get hurt again,'

"He has several bloody cuts, bruises, and maybe a few broken or fractured ribs," [Your Name] pointed out. "He didn't get away unscathed. He lost the fight. Besides, Jake, I can protect myself," 'I'm not a helpless damsel in distress,' "But if anyone picks on you guys, just tell me and I'll storm over there and help you guys out,"

The five high schoolers blinked owlishly at her and then looked to each other. 'Does she not know that Jake is the head of Daehyeon?' They glanced at Jake to see if he wanted to reveal his position or not.

"I'm plenty strong myself," Jake laughed, wanting to keep her "innocent and oblivious" to their involvement with the Union. 'If she finds out that I'm part of the Union, how will she react?' "When does your shift finish?"

"In half an hour," [Your Name] answered. "Why?"

"We're headed to the arcade," Jake offered. "Want to hang with us?"

[Your Name] thought about it for a moment. "I don't have anything else planned, so I'm down for the arcade," 

XXX

Once [Your Name] had finished her shift, she joined her older brothers and together they headed to the arcade. Jake challenged [Your Name] to a monster shooting game. She accepted and the two battled each other. The game ended with [Your Name] winning with a near perfect score, which had gathered a crowd around the her and her brothers.

'Perhaps I should have held back,' [Your Name] thought. 

"You must have played shooting games a lot before you moved here," Kenny commented. 

"Yeah, something like that," [Your Name] nodded. 'This shooting game was easy since I have experience with a real gun,'

"My turn to play against sis!" Eunchan said. "How about...a racing game?"

She agreed and the two played on the car racing games. The controls weren't exactly the same as a real car's. If it were more realistic, [Your Name] would have won. But since they were just normal arcade game consoles, Eunchan won. She did come in as a close second place though.

Dean, Timmy, Kenny, and Jake all had a turn at the racing games too. Kenny beat Timmy while Dean beat Jake, causing the younger orange haired boy to pout. 

[Your Name] giggled at Jake's behavior. 'He's acting just like how Alistair would,' [Your Name] thought before shoving that thought away. 'Don't think about Alistair. He's not a friend. He's just a mere acquaintance, just a former coworker,' 

The siblings played a couple rounds of other games and after a few hours, they called it a day and headed to their respective homes. "Are you sure you'll be alright on your own?" Jake asked right before they parted ways.

"Yeah," [Your Name] answered. "Hey, I'm what, Rank 13? I'm sure I can handle anyone that tries to attack me," 'I've had plenty of fighting experience. The real problem for me is holding back,'

"Oh, uh, [Your Name]?" Timmy asked. "Is it alright if I update your Shuttle Patch Ranking profile and include your name and a photo of you?"

"No," [Your Name] refused. "I'd rather keep my identity enshrouded in mystery as long as possible. That way they don't know who they're up against if they decide to fight me,"

XXX

When she arrived to her apartment, the suite felt cold. It was a stark contrast to the warm presence her brothers emitted. She brushed off the thought and took a quick shower before eating a small dinner as she did her homework.

'Today was really fun,' She smiled upon recollecting the day's events. 'I look forward to more days like that,'

Here's some sibling bonding time with the Readers and her brothers.