new beginnings

X

X. NEW BEGINNINGS

"Dad!" Winnifred shouted, when they reached the tower he was locked in. "Winnie, you have to go, they'll catch you!" Sirius whispered, concerned for his daughter.

"I don't care. I won't let them kill you."

Hermione raised her wand. "Stand back." Harry and Winnie listened, and Hermione shouted:

"Bombarda!"  The bars broke, Sirius able to get free. Sirius was flabbergasted when he saw Buckbeak, wondering how three teenagers had managed that.
Sirius talked to Harry about him moving out of the Dursley's, and then he turned to his daughter.

"I don't want you to go again." Winnie said, her eyes watering. "I just got you back."

"Honey...The ones who love us never really leave us. I have to go so they won't catch me."

"I'll go with you." Sirius stroked his daughter's hair, pulling her into a hug. "Winnie, I want you to stay in school, be able to do anything you put your mind to. I'll write. Everyday. I just have to...hide for a while. Do you understand?" Winnie wiped her tears, but nodded. "Winnie, Harry, I want you two to stay close. Treat him as if he's your own blood. Be safe."He squeezed Harry's shoulder, nodded at Hermione, and gave his daughter one last hug. He bowed at Buckbeak before climbing on top of him, and flying away. She waved at him; and Hermione pulled her into a hug.

***

Ron had been confused, to say the least. He'd stammered on about how they had just been there and disappeared, only to show up again. Hermione opted not to tell him about the time turner, and joked that he was out of it. Winnie walked into the great hall, happy to see her friends. Cedric and Prim were sitting at the Ravenclaw table, looking stressed. Prim's hair turned yellow when she spotted her cousin.

"There she is!" Cedric, Sabrina, and Luna turned to see their friend who quickly walked up to the table and took a seat.

"Winnifred Magnolia Black, where the bloody hell have you been?" Prim practically shouted.

"And why is your face covered in cuts? What happened?" Sabrina asked. Cedric lifted her chin up, examining the small wounds that she didn't really even feel.

"All we've heard is that Professor Lupin is a bloody werewolf, and that Sirius Black escaped hogwarts, again!" Prim exclaimed. Winnie smiled. 

"He's finally safe. I got to see him last night." That was all she'd say, she couldn't have people hearing her and knowing he was hiding. Hermione, Harry, and Ron stopped by the table, wishing her a good summer, and that they hoped she would write them.

"When did that happen? I thought Potter hated you? And Granger? The Weasley boy?" Prim asked. "Last night proved to settle a lot of questions. My father wants me to get to know Harry, after all, he is my godbrother." The four of them looked at her with wide eyes.

"Blimey, Win, is anything ever normal with you?" Sabrina asked. Winnie chuckled, shaking her head.

"Merlin's toe, I hope not. Normal is bloody boring. I prefer it this way." Cedric smiled at his girlfriend, kissing her on the cheek.

"All your Wrackspurts are gone!" Luna exclaimed. The five of them sat at the table happily, laughing and cracking jokes. An amazing end to the year. Yes, she still worried for her father, but she was also relieved. He was finally free, after twelve years.  She was wearing the beautiful blue stone necklace Cedric had gotten her for Christmas, and he was wearing the bracelet, saying he would never take it off.

***

Something had convinced Lucius Malfoy let her stay with her cousins, Prim and Nymphadora for the summer. For the life of her, she couldn't figure out what, but she was overjoyed. Her friends were already on the train, but she wanted to say goodbye to Harry before she boarded the train. However, she was stopped by two red headed twins.

"I don't believe we ever got to introduce ourselves." One said.

"I'm George, and this is..."

"Fred Weasley, the more handsome twin." Winnie smiled, extending her hand.

"Winnifred Black, but please, call me Winnie."

END OF ACT ONE

EEEK! I'm so excited to start on goblet of fire. please let me know what you guys are thinking of this story :) i personally am very insecure about my writing, but i'm really passionate about writing this story. please vote and comment! necklace from cedric is pictured above!