I hum in thought for a moment.
"Probably that really big tree."

Her eyebrow ascends in curiosity.
"Really why?"

"Because that's when I started to like you, I just didn't realise it until we visited the third place." I say and lean up to kiss her nose. Her face scrunches up slightly and it's cute. I do it again.
"Which ones yours?"

"All of them are my favourite, there's also a lot of other places I would like to take you." Korra explains.
"I'll make another list."

"You like your lists don't you?"

"You could say that." she says.
"You know... I could make a list with all the ways you make me feel."

I chuckle and press a kick quick to her lips.
"That's so cheesy."

"Yeah.. but I got a kiss out of it though." She stops laughing before I do. Her blue eyes gazing down at me, intensely.

Slowly, she leans down and captures my lips again. Soon we start swallowing each other making the kiss even more intense. I let out a moan and so did she while her warm breath traveled into my face. My hands had a mind of their own, slowly creeping up so my fingers could push hard against her stomach, feeling each and every muscle contract under my fingertips. She's fit, like really fit. Her hands start to scale my legs, starting from my knees until they reach further up my thigh, making me shiver underneath her.

Then everything seems to slow down, I realise what we are doing and it's going too fast. I want to savour this but I also want this to be right, not rushed. Korra practically reads my mind and her kisses begin to turn into pecks. She rolls off of me gently and lays next to me, hand clasped in hers still.

"I'm sorry." She pants.
"I got carried away."

I shake my head and stare at the ceiling.
"We both did. I just don't want to rush.. us."

She squeezes my hand.
"Me neither."

We're silent for a moment before I shuffle myself up against the head board, leaving a confused Korra in the same position as before. I chuckle and hold my arms out, beckoning her over with my hands. I already miss her warmth.
"Come here."

Her mouth curls into a soft smile and she slots herself over me, wrapping her arms around my waist as she rests her head on my chest. She nuzzles deep into my hair and lets out a long breath. I like these moments, though they're only little my heart still races.
"You're my new pillow." Her voice is muffled against my hair.

I laugh and begin to rub her back, slowly tracing my hands up and down each and every muscle.
"I'm glad you find me comfy."

My hands slowly move up her back and onto her head.
"Asami, what are you doing?" She asks and snuggles even closer.

"Shh. Stop fussing." My fingers tangle into her hair and I gently graze my nails against her scalp. Korra hums in delight and I feel her whole body relax against mine.

I look down at Korra, at my girlfriend. I couldn't stand being in the same room as her a few weeks ago, now I can't stand being away from her. This project, it's a stupid project, a project where you have to visit places and write about them in the space of 3 weeks. It's so fucking stupid but I'd do it all over again, as long as Korra's here. She hums again.

There's so much about her that I don't know. I don't even know what her home looks like, I don't even know how she acts at home, who her mother is. But I've seen her cry, I've seen her at her most vulnerable times. She trusts me and I trust her, I just need to give her more time.

"We should go to that tree again." She mumbles and I think she's half asleep.

She groans in annoyance when I stop moving my hands through her hair.
"Wait really?" I ask.
"Like.. right now?"

"Yeah. It's your favourite place and besides it's fun there with you so why not?" She sits up and faces me.

I sigh.
"Are you sure you're up for another bus ride?"

Her smile falters and I already know it's an instant no. She doesn't want to, it's obvious.
"Actually.." She murmers.
"We could try the car."

My eyes widen in shock. Did I hear that right?
"Are you sure that's a good idea?"

She sighs and sits back, crosslegged in front of me.
"It's probably not but.. I want to try." Her eyes meet mine, desperate and pleading.
"I want to get in a car."

<->

I wait behind the wheel for her. Korra stands outside the car, peering at the passenger seat next to me and I wonder what's going on inside that pretty head of hers. Then she slides in, moving her back up close against the leather seat. Her blue eyes scan everything inside, the wheel, the gear stick, dashboard, windows. Literally everything. It's like her face went completely blank as she stares at the windscreen, frozen in place like a place of ice. This is what she looked like before, I knew this was a bad idea.

I take her hand in mine and give it a gentle squeeze.
"Are you okay?"

She shakes herself back to reality and turns to me.
"Yeah." She nods her head twice. She's not, she's far from fine.
"I'm ready."

I gulp down my worry, hand hovering over the key in the iginition. This girl is strong, too strong to be true. It's only been a few months and here she is, sitting in a car after the accident. I turn the key and the car starts and roars. It's the most stable car since my parents oddly took out the other one. Korra jumps at first, her hands trembling against her shaking legs but it all stops once I hold her hand again.
"Keep holding onto my hand until we get there okay?"

"But then you can't change the gears." she asks and points to the gear stick with her free hand.

I smile warmingly and place her hand onto it with mine ontop.
"I can like this." I say, my eyes not leaving hers.
"I'll go as slow as I possibly can okay? just tell me when to pull over and I will."

It took her a few moments to relax a little mroe in the seat next to me, though she did spring up whenever another car drove past which was often. So, for that reason, I take turns down to places where there were less cars, down old valleys until we hit a nice long road that was free of everything. No more cars, no more streets, just me and Korra driving away with the sound of tires rolling against the road.

I let myself glance at Korra next to me. Her eyes were shut tight and they have been for the majority of the jounrey. Her hand still rests under mine on the gear stick, occasionally cluthing onto it whenever I turn. The car's not going fast, I made sure of that.

In front at the end of the road, the sun begins to set. Sunsets came in the kind of oranges that bring warmth even in the winter, it stole the stage and leaves me in awe.
"Korra." I mutter. Korra doesn't say anything, her brow furrows and she clenches her jaw. She's doing well, better than I would've imagined. I thought she'd be jumping off the doors of the car, hysterically crying in the seat or I thought she'd at least tell me to pull over about 5 times already. But she hasn't and I couldn't be more proud.
"Korra.."

"Yes?" She trembles, eyes still closed.

"Look." I say. She doesn't look.
"Open your eyes, even if it's just for a blink."

Her mouth sucks in a sharp breath and she holds it, chest puffed out whilst she opens one eye. Her other soon opens and she leans forward in her chair, mesmerised by the orange sky in front of her. I knew she'd like something like this. It's like the car faded away around her and she completely forgot that she was in a car. With my hand still on hers and the sunset to distract her, I put my foot down a little more.

Her happiness is infectious. It starts as a tingle in my fingers, much like the feeling when I'm nervous but instead it's warm. The way her eyes light up like they do washes away everything I was thinking about before, filling my mind with her and only her.

If Korra was a place I had to write about for a project, I'd be fucked.
I don't think I will ever be able to describe Korra in words. The words I want to use don't exist. They don't match with her, they don't fit. They're not enough to describe her. I take another look at her again, longer than the last. She's smiling now. There is not one thing about her I dislike in this moment. I'm in complete awe.

As low as her thoughts may take her, I think she's the most beautiful person I've ever met.