17

Korra

Asami giggles which makes me smile, she's happy at the end of the day and that makes me happy too.
"Lin isn't that bad surely." I say. The sun decided it was time to set so we had to go back, which meant another horrible bus journey but that was over faster than it was before. Asami was there, I talked to her which seemed to throw my worries out the window.

She giggles again.
"She's... strict I'll give you that."

"All good coaches are strict." I say with a smile. I really don't want this day to end but it will. Our pace is slow, purposefully of course. It seems that Asami doesn't want to leave either.

"I guess you're right about that one. But seriously? She doesn't have to be so strict in PE." She says.

"Miss Beifong, our science teacher is the complete opposite." I give her another smile.
"I wouldn't of guessed they were sisters. The same last name gave it away."

"So they are sisters."

I raise a brow.
"Surely you should know that. I mean, you're the smartest girl I know." Her cheeks heaten up which makes me chuckle under my breath.
"And, isn't she Opal's aunt or something?"

Asami looks at the pavement in front, hand on her chin in thought.
"Opal doesn't really talk about her much so I never really thought about that." As she speaks, the cold air comes out of her mouth in wisps. The breeze blows her hair carelessly behind her, rich and dark and in that moment it suddenly strikes me how beautiful this girl beside me actually is.

It looks so soft her hair, as weird as it sounds but I fight the urge to just reach out and touch it, tangle my fingers into the strands. Her lips were curved into a small smile as she babbles on about the Beifongs. I'm listening but her words soon turn to muffles for me and I can't hear a thing.

She looks so happy. My mind keeps replaying the expression on her face when we first got to that skyscraper tree. Even though I notice it every day, her eyes were that perfect shade of green then, literally glowing through her glasses. I've never seen her smile like that and I'm happy that she was smiling because of me. Suddenly, I notice that she stops babbling and her brows furrow, still smiling. Another giggle leaves her lips.
"What are you looking at?" Shit, how long was I staring for?

"Um.. you." Oh fuck.
"You! You have a bug in your hair."

Asami sighs and shakes her head, her hair waving around and I get a waft of her scent. Jasmine. My heart picks up it's pace.
"Is it gone now?"

There wasn't even one there in the first place. I smile. Maybe if I...?
"No. Here let me get it." I chuckle and we stop walking. Her cheeks redden again as I step closer, my hand reaching to touch her hair. I gulp down my nerves and let my hand tangle into the strands for a few moments, it really is as soft as it looks.
"There." I say and step back, waving my hand away like there was an actual bug on my palm.

I notice that her glasses slid down her nose slightly from when she shook her head. I didn't hesitate to step forward again, this time I press my finger delicately to the middle of her glasses and slowly push them up her nose.

"Thanks." She mumbles with rosey cheeks and we both continue our slow walk towards her house.

"Can I try your glasses on?" I ask.

"No." Worth a shot.

We're getting closer and I'm half tempted to turn down a different street just to make this journey a little longer but, the temperature is getting colder by the minute and I can tell that Asami's coat wasn't warming her up as much as it should.