20

Asami

"Holy shit, she never told me about any of this stuff." Jinora says as she hands back my phone. She looks completely horrified like I was last night. Korra lost her dad a few months ago and I had no idea. She acted like nothing was wrong, how the fuck did I miss something like this?

"Do you know where she is?" I ask, looking around the halls. The bell rang a few minutes ago and we're supposed to be in Geography right now but I needed to show Jinora about my findings last night.

"I don't know. I haven't seen her this morning." Jinora replies and I fight the urge to smack my forehead. Korra told me she'd be here, maybe she is. I take my phone out and instantly send her a text.
Me: where are you.

Korra: I should be asking you that. It's not like you to be late, your friends are a little worried.

Oh thank god she's here. I definitely need to talk to her about this soon.
Me: I need to talk to you.

Korra: About?

I can't just say it over text, that's not right. This is something serious, something that I need to talk to her in person about.
Me: Something important.

Korra: Oh? alright then. Do you want to skip Geography because I'm more than happy to do that.

Me: No. Can we meet up after school or something?

Korra: Damn okay it's that important huh? I'll have to check, I'm a little busy after school.

Fuck.. busy with what? Jinora huffs as she reads Korra's text.
"Football isn't on after school today so it can't be that."

"It's her job isn't it?" I say and Jinora hums in response.
"She said she wanted to help out her mum. Do you think she's struggling with money or something?"

Jinora only shrugs, she seems just as clueless as I am.
"It's a possibility but we can't know for sure. Maybe she just wants to have a job to take her mind off things?" She has a point but something is telling me that I'm right. Something is definitely wrong.I turn away and pocket my phone, making my way down the halls.
"Where are you going? Geography is this way."

"I need to tell someone about this, it's serious and I think Korra needs some help." I explain but Jinora immediately rushes in front of me and stands there.

She stops me by placing both of her hands onto my shoulders.
"Woah woah, slow down. I don't think that's a good idea."

"What do you mean?" I ask

"Korra hasn't told people for a reason, we shouldn't go spreading it around school. We need to stop and think about this... thoroughly."

I pinch the bridge of my nose and sigh. She's right. What good would telling the headmaster about this, Korra would probably hate me and it would make the situation worst for her.
"What should we do then?"

"I think we should wait." Jinora lets her arms rest by her side.
"Wait until she opens up to us."

"So you're saying that we're going to do nothing?" I respond and cross my arms. I want to at least help this girl in some way. She's going through something rough, like really rough, it's amazing how she's kept it together.

"No, we're still here for her aren't we? It's just that I don't think we should pry into her personal life as much as you've done already. This is.. extreme stuff." Jinora tells me and I nod. I guess that's the way to go. I should start hanging out with her more, not that it's a problem. I like spending time with her, maybe we can extend the amount of places we could write about for the project.