12

Asami

I always find it odd walking down the school hallways on a Saturday morning but it's game day and our school is hosting the friendly that Korra mentioned yesterday. I hold the coat tightly under my arm as I walk through the empty hallways. My mind kept replaying our time at the Beach yesterday, I couldn't get an ounce of sleep. Just thinking about it makes me want to go back even if I have to struggle through that stupidly dark woods to get there. I keep thinking about the water, that tiny beach but also that weird feeling too.

I look down at the coat, Korra's coat. She gave it to me last night, she let me borrow it. I don't want you to freeze. My heart seemed to stop when she said that, especially when she gave me that stupid toothy grin. Korra Smith, that loud mouth disrupter of every lesson gave me her coat to keep me warm. Perhaps I should add something nice in there for the good time I had yesterday. Korra Smith, that kind loud mouth distrupter of every lesson.

Though Korra can be a really annoying person most of the time, I have to admit- she does know how to make me smile. I frown once I realise there's a hand waving in front of my face. Behind that hand stood a concerned Kai and Opal.
"Earth to Asami."

I shake myself back to reality, smiling at the two in front of me.
"Sorry I didn't mean to space out."

Opal raises a brow at me, adverting her gaze towards the coat.
"Who's coat is that?" She asks.

"Oh, It's Korra's. She told me to give it back to her today." I say but instantly regret it when the two infront of me start giving each other glancing, smiling like complete idiots.
"Where's Wu?" I ask, hoping that it would change the topic.

"He'll be here soon, he got caught up with something." Kai responds whilst checking his phone. I guess Jinora was already on the field warming up, Korra probably is too. He soon puts his phone away and that smile returns back onto his face.
"So, how'd it go with Korra yesterday?"

"Better than I expected it to go." I answer and my cheeks gradually get warmer for some reason.
"We've wrote about one place so far."

"Where'd she take you?" Kai questions as we all make our way through the halls together, Wu would meet us at the field I guess.

"She took me to a beach ." I earn confused faces from the both of them, I laugh since that's what I was expecting.

"She took you to a beach? The nearest one is like 8 hours away." Opal exclaims and opens the door to the outside for the both of us.

I shook my head still laughing.
"Nope, there's one downtown. Only a 10 minute walk." I hum at the memory of it again. The greenery, the rocks, her smile.

"Oh Opal look it's your boyfriend." Kai mutters, pointing towards Bolin. He was slowly walking over to us with Mako at his side. I really can't be doing with these two right now, I just want to give Korra her coat back.

Opal hits Kai's shoulder, scowling at him.
"he's not my boyfriend."

We keep moving towards the field and meet the two brothers half way. Opal and Bolin greet eachother with a hug and I find Mako looking at me from the corner of my eye. I suddenly find each bit of grass on the floor interesting whilst he looks at me for a lot longer than any normal person would. Did he want to ask me a question or something? or maybe somethings on my face. I peak up from the floor and my eyes lock with him. He slowly looks down to the coat in my hands and confusion washes over him which makes me confused too.
"Hey, you're Asami aren't you?"

I nod.
"That's me."

He points towards me.
"You're pairs with Korra for the English project."