24

Asami

Opal: Wait so you're on the bench?

Jinora: Not for the whole match.

Kai: you've never started on the bench. Why the sudden change?

Jinora: Lin is trying something different apparently.

Wu: If you lose today I'm blaming it on her.

Jinora: Come on it's not that bad I promise. It's just a few changes. what time are you guys getting here anyway?

Wu: I'm leaving in a minute.

Kai: On my way with Opal.

Me: I'll be there in a few.
I switch my phone off and sink into the sofa. Sunday. Normally I would still be in bed right now but there's a football match, I have no idea why it's so early in the morning but I told Korra I'd be there. My mum takes a seat next to me, cup of coffee in hand. The news is on the TV but I'm not really listening, just watching the screen pan over to different people whilst they talk about the weather.
"You seem a little uptight, what's wrong?" She asks.

"I do?" I answer. I sit up straighter in my seat and notice that my shoulders were tighter than usual.

"Yes. something on your mind?" she asks.

A lot of things actually but they all trace back to Korra. I wasn't thinking straight yesterday, I made her sit in that car and I completely forgot about the whole crash. I'm such an idiot, so stupid.
"No, I'm fine. Just a little tired."

"I don't blame you. You did work hard to get the car starting." She sets her cup of coffee down onto the table in front of us.
"Well done by the way."

"Thanks, just don't ask me to do it again. That took us longer than it should've." I say and she laughs.

"I totally agree."

My phone buzzes in my lap and I instantly turn it over to have a look. I raise an eyebrow and swipe it unlocked. Korra sends me a picture. A picture of her with her hair in a complete mess with a concentrated expression as she balances a ball ontop of her head. I couldn't help but laugh, this girl is something else. It looks like she's in the changing rooms considering I can see Kuvira in the background smiling.
"Is that Korra?"

I nod and we laugh together.
"The one and only." I quickly type back to Korra's message.

Korra: I don't see you Sato.

Me: Give me 10 minutes tops.

Korra: Make it 5. I want to see you before kick off.

Me: 8.

Korra: Fine. Hurry.

"Does she have a match today?" My mum questions.

I slip my phone into my pocket.
"Yeah and I've got to hurry otherwise I'll miss it." I say and spring towards the front door so I could open it.
"I'll be back in an hour or so."

"Alright, tell Korra I said goodluck." I shut the door after that, hands in my coat pocket as soon as the cold air hits my skin. God, it's freezing. How do people even play in this weather, not to mention that they have to wear shorts too. Korra must be a block of ice right now.

I quicken my pace. I can get there in 8 minutes, no I can get there in 5. I think... Maybe I should've taken the car but dad took one of them out this morning, the only one left in the garage is the one I fixed yesterday and I'm not really comfortable with driving that at the moment. Yes, it starts but it would probably fall to bits as soon as it hits the road, it needs a lot more work.