Patton...

So sorry this is late, things have happened and I haven't been able to access my account in a while.

Take a break, go get a drink of water, love you all

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Patton sat down next to Remus, fidgeting with his hands. Remus automatically noticed Patton's nervous and upset behavior. It was very unlike him.

"Patton, is something wrong?"

Patton sighed. "Yeah..."

Remus frowned. "What's up?"

Patton bit his lip. "Remus, you know you mean as much to me as Roman, right?"

"Yes... why?"

"Remus... do you like Deceit and Anxiety more than us?"

Remus was seriously concerned right now. "I mean... depends I guess. Why are you asking?"

Patton sighed. "How would you feel... about staying with them... permanently?"

Remus blinked. "W-what? Patton, are you okay?"

Patton grabbed Remus's hand. "Look... Remus, you mean a lot to me. But... I hate to say this... you're a dark side."

Remus stared at Patton. "What are you... what are you talking about?"

"Remus... you don't belong here. We make you cry. You're not good for Thomas. You mean as much to me as your brother, but it's not good for you to stay here."

Remus pulled away from Patton, slightly panicking. "You think... you think I don't belong here?"

"This is hard for me too. I'm really sorry... but I think you need to move in with Deceit and Anxiety."

"What?"

Patton and Remus glanced up as Janus entered from the shadows, a little more disheveled then he normally looked.

"D-Deceit... what are you doing here?" Patton asked, glancing at Remus. "I thought I told you to not come back."

"Well clearly if I'm not dangerous or a threat, or you wouldn't be sending Remus to live with me. After all you care about Remus as much as Roman."

"Deceit, it isn't like that!"

"Oh really?"

Remus glanced at Patton. "Are you really... are you really going to send me away?" He was nearly crying now.

"Remus... I'm sorry..."

Remus glanced at Patton, trying to wipe his eyes before he cried. Patton was staring at him with a concerned look. Remus then glanced at Janus whose lips were pressed tightly in anger.

"No... don't apologize... if you actually cared you wouldn't be sending me away..."

Remus stood up and walked towards Janus, burying his face into Janus's shoulder. Janus's arms wrapped comfortingly around Remus, but Remus could feel the anger radiating from him.

"I... I do care about you kiddo... this is just the best for all of us."

"STOP SAYING THAT! I may like Deceit and Anxiety, but that doesn't mean that I want to leave. I want both you and them." He was sobbing into Janus's shoulder now, not even trying to hide it. Janus's arms tightened around him.

"Remus I'm sorry..."

"Leave me alone! Either you want me or you don't, and clearly you don't."

Janus played with Remus's hair, shifting away from Patton. "Why don't you go to our living room while Patton and I have a... chat."

Remus nodded. "O-okay."

Janus let go, staring at Remus with a sad expression. "I'll be there in a bit."

Remus ran off, not wanting to stay in the same room with Patton a minute longer.

"Now..." Janus clenched his fists, glaring at Patton. "What the hell was that?"

Patton frowned. "Go away! This doesn't concern you!"

"Doesn't concern... What are you talking about? Of course this concerns me! When you kicked me and Virgil out, that was probably the worst day of my life. And I didn't have a brother I would miss! When it was me, it was fine. But I draw the line at Remus. I hope you're happy because no one else is."

"This is necessary!"

"Necessary?! Necessary is Thomas learning how to utilize both Roman and Remus. Necessary is Anxiety guiding Thomas away from certain dangers, despite how everyone else tries to ignore him. Necessary is me serving him because you're too much of a coward to deal with him. Necessary is not Remus having to leave a family he thought loved him. This isn't necessary. This is you projecting your fears onto him."

"Well if you hadn't corrupted him!"

"I didn't corrupt him!"

"Oh sure you didn't. You're a liar and you know it. You're always slithering your way into everything, like the slimy snake that you are."

Janus paused, closing his eyes and trying to breathe. Slimy snake, slimy snake, slimy snake. After a moment, he simply adjusted his hat, determined not to show how much power Patton had over his emotions.

"Good day Patton. I hope you don't expect to see Remus again." And with that, he walked off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

738 words

Get some sleep.