A Well-Meaning Nerd

Some fluff, and then Logan ruins everything

You've been warned

Also, unsympathetic Patton. Lots of him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Janus watched from far away, sighing and rubbing his arm. Virgil stood beside him, arms wrapped around Janus.

"He's not your responsibility. You know that, right?"

Janus shrugged, still watching.

Virgil sighed. "JanJan," he said with a pout, staring up at him. "Can we forget about this? Just for a bit."

Janus sighed. "Stop being adorable, you might actually make me care about you."

Virgil rolled his eyes, giggling."You already do."

Janus chuckled, leaning into Virgil with a soft smile. "Whatever."

"C'mon. It's my job to worry, not yours. Besides, we still need to finish that show."

Janus smiled and nodded, grabbing Virgil's hand. "Alright. I'm tired anyways."

Virgil dragged him to the couch, pulling up the show. "You okay?" he asked, glancing at Janus who was shivering slightly and fidgeting with his hands. Janus shrugged, making Virgil sigh.

"You want to talk about it?"

Janus shrugged again.

"Alright, tell me what's wrong."

Janus sighed, snuggling into Virgil. "I just... Are we evil, Virgil?"

Virgil frowned. "Oh... that's what this is about." He played with Janus's hair, glancing at the snakey side. He was adorable right now, curled up on Virgil's lap and staring at the wall. Janus was always cute whenever he was emotional, which unfortunately didn't happen a lot, as most of the time Janus was trying to be strong for someone else. "What did Patton say...?"

"I'm a liar, I can't be trusted, you know, the norm."

Virgil sighed. "I trust you. And that's never done me wrong, now has it?"

Janus shrugged, chewing on his sleeve absentmindedly.

"Janus... we're not evil..." He made Janus look at him. "We just help Thomas in different ways that Patton doesn't like."

Janus sighed. "I know..."

"C'mere," Virgil muttered, bringing Janus closer to him. "You are not evil. You are my best friend, and nothing's ever gonna change that."

Janus smiled softly. "I'm your only friend."

Virgil giggled, booping Janus on the nose. Janus stuck his tongue out as an involuntary response, rolling his eyes. "Even better," Virgil teased.

"So you're telling me you'd choose me over the light sides?"

Virgil nodded. "Of course. Janus, you know you're the only person that actually matters to me."

Janus smiled, snuggling into Virgil. "Same goes for you."

Virgil kissed the top of Janus's head. "Alright, movie time."

Janus giggled as Virgil pressed play on the show. "Virgil... are you happy?"

Virgil glanced at the deceitful side and smiled. "With you? Always. Are you happy?"

Janus's gaze drifted to a pair of glowing orange eyes, just beyond Virgil's view, before he glanced at Virgil and nodded.

"Yeah... yeah, I'm happy."