14/15 Not Mentally Prepared

When love embraces hatred, love and hate become intertwined.

After a whole week of denying how you felt for Tsukishima, considering you really did thought of him as an enemy, you had decided to let the past go and go for a bright future. Which means.. rejection.

You don't know how to do it. The person you were going to reject was Kageyama. You were quite scared actually. You didn't even gave him an answer after he kiss you too. Not to mention you left him, during the summer festival. You had decided the next day when you saw Kageyama, that you were going to reject him, no matter what. If you don't you promise yourself, no internet for two weeks.

"Um.. Tobio?" you said. You were alone, outside the gym, trying to figure out what you should say to Kageyama. You were practicing and this was probably your 20th time doing so. He was your best friend, practically your neighbor. How were you going to reject a guy like him? Especially for a tall, blonde guy who is always rude to you. "Tobio. I have something to tell you!"

"What is it?" a voice said. You quickly shivered and flinch. You turn around to see Kageyama drinking a juice. Hinata was standing behind him.

"Oh..." you said, your face turning red. "I'M NOT MENTALLY PREPARED YET!"

"What?" he said. You were just about to ran away until Kageyama had grab your wrist. "Oi. If you have something to tell me, then tell me."

You sigh. "Hinata, can you leave us alone to talk?"

"Eh? Sure. Kageyama, I'm going to practice without you then."

"Um.. Uh.." you started to say, as the both of you were left alone.

"What is it?"

"I told you, I wasn't mentally prepared yet.." you said. He sighs and pats your head.

"Tell me after practice then." he said.

'UGH HOW ARE YOU GOING TO REJECT KAGEYAMA?!'

Later after practice, when you and Kageyama were walking home together. You were still not mentally prepared. 'What am I going to do?' "T-Tobio?"

"Yeah?"

"There's something I wanted to talk to you about."

"What is it?"

"Um.. I.."

"You're planning to reject me, huh?"

"Yes! Wait. No. I mean.. Um.. How did you know?" you murmured.

"It's you after all. Not to mention, the summer festival, I kind of already figured it out. I like you. But I probably like volleyball more." he said. "That was probably the reason why the two of us broke up. Cause I was more passionate about volleyball then my own girlfriend."

"But-. I didn't care about that! I'm not Oikawa's ex or anything!" you said. "That was a dumb reason to break up."

"Yeah.. But you fallen for that jerk, right?"

"Honestly, I hate to admit it, but yes." you said, looking annoyed. "He so rude. He pretends to act calm and cool but who does he think he is?"

"Are you sure that he'll make you happy?"

"He and I aren't a good match. But I still like him anyway."

"Are you two going out yet?" he asks.

"No. Not mentally ready yet." you said. "I have bad taste in guys."

"Yeah, you do."

"That includes you too, you know."

"Huh?"

"Sorry, Tobio."

"...Thanks for giving me a proper response."

"You were still my first love. No one can change that. Also I like you much better then Tsukishima." you said, trying to cheer him up. You held onto Kageyama's hand. The Kageyama who was usually mad and gets embarrassed a lot, is now crying.

'Sorry.'

If love becomes stronger, the hate turns to love.