Part 2 - Earth Skills is Hell

Amelia Jackson -

That night at dinner the girl wasn't there. Maybe she would be there the next day, sometimes the Ark did this. They starved you for the first few days then fed you. The others and Amelia waited and waited but they never saw her.

"It's been a week and no one's ever seen her, I asked some people," Chase told the group (minus Raven).

"If they're doing their... food restrictions... it shouldn't take this long," Monty said, oversimplifying their starving techniques.

"Maybe she's gonna be in solitaire like that other girl. The doctor's daughter," Jasper whispered like he was in awe that someone that young could have done something that bad, the girl not the doctor's daughter who was almost 18.

"Does anyone know anything about her? I talked to Miller, Harper, and some others but they all don't know her. Did you talk to Raven to ask if she found anything yet, Finn?"

"No. She's been really busy with work."

"Attention juvenile delinquents," a voice announced, "starting this Monday some of you be re-taking, or taking for the first time, Earth Skills with Charles Pike. You will be split into three groups and each group has it for one week."

"What?!" was yelled around the room.

John Murphy stood up on a table and shouted, "Why the hell would we do that?! We've had that class before and it's useless!"

"Yeah!" almost everyone agreed, Amelia and her friends were quiet. All wondering why they would have to go there.

Amelia had never gone to school since she was in juvie all her life but Monty and Raven had tried to educate her a few times in the subjects they were good at. Raven also brought her some unused textbooks her mentor and father-figure, Jacapo Sinclair, gave her to give to Melia. So long story short, Amelia was looking forward to this, kinda.

"Oh this'll be fuuun," Jasper said in a very sarcastic voice.

"I just hope I'm not in the same class as Murphy. That'll be hell," Chase remarked. Everyone but Amelia, who was thinking that, agreed aloud.

~~Time Skip; Two Weeks and Two Days Later: Monday~~

Michaela Shaw -

"Get up," a guard grunted, pushing Mick to the ground.

"Ow," she said sassily.

"Oh no, did he hurt you?" a voice asked full of fake sympathy.

Mick glared at them not wanting to give them the satisfaction.

"Anyway,  stand up and put your wrists out," Kane said in an authoritative voice. He turned to the guards and commanded them to handcuff her and follow him.

"Where the hell are we going anyway?" Mick wondered aloud.

"You're finally gonna get to go to school. Isn't that what every second kid wants?"

"If there wasn't that stupid one-kid only rule they wouldn't have to want it."

"Yeah, and we'd have less rations, less air, and just less everything."

They stopped in front of a classroom. Kane told the guards to leave and waited for them to round the corner before he started talking in a low voice, "Now, you've already killed so many people by telling them about the air problem, don't tell them or their blood is on your hands too. You understand?"

"And who says I cared about that," she responded. She did care but she didn't want him to know that.

"Because their deaths haunt you. Especially Julians."