Part 1

On the Ark - Before the 100 got sent to Earth:

Michaela Shaw -

"Let me go!" Michaela, or Mick to close friends and family, screeched at the guard holding her, "You can't just arrest me!"

"Actually we can," the guard stated, "You're a second child and you tried getting people to rebel. Sadly you can't float with the rest."

Floated. Maybe that would be the better way to go, Mick thought. Her mom had died giving birth to her, the first life lost because of her. Her brother had convinced her father to keep her, of course that meant she would have to be hidden all her life. On the Ark, the place she was born and raised, there was a rule... each family could only have one child. If you had a second you, the parents, would be floated and the child arrested, living life behind bars. To float someone the person would go in the airlock and it would be opened, they'd get sucked into space. Dead... dead... dead. Like I should be.

"Mick!" a voiced yelled.

"No," she breathed out. It was her brother. He was already 18, that meant he could be floated.

"Mick!" Julian, her brother, shouted again. "Let her go! Take me instead!"

"No! Jules go away. This was going to happen eventually anyway!" She couldn't let him get killed because of her. Maybe it was good that she'd be locked away, that way she couldn't hurt anyone. Hopefully.

"Ahh the person behind the mini, very mini, rebellion and her dear brother."

"Marcus Kane," Mick growled, "the worst council member."

"Put her in cell 100 and she's gonna be in solitaire until someone on the council says otherwise," Kane told the guards, ignoring the girl glaring at him.

"Why the hell would she be put in solitaire," Jules exploded, knowing that meant he wouldn't get to visit her. "What'd she even do?"

"Jules... I love you, and I'm sorry but you have to go."

"She didn't tell you?" Kane asked

Jules slowly shook his head.

"She... lied... to some people to try to get them to overthrow the council. They failed. They get floated, she gets locked up." Kane turned to the guards, "what are you guys still doing here? Throw her in the cell then round up anyone she might have told."

At that Jules got mad and charged the guards. One of the guards used his shock baton and shocked him. Jules writhed on the floor in agony.

"Nooo!" Mick screamed trying to run to him but being held back.

"When you guys are done with the girl put him with the others to be floated," Kane ordered the guards.

"You can't do that you bastard! He doesn't even know! Let him go!"

Kane walked away, oblivious to Mick's screams.

16 hallways, 10 people staring at the crazy screaming kid being carried by two guards, two doors, and one full dining hall later they were at Mick's jail cell. 

She pounded on the door yelling at them to not hurt Jules but eventually crawled to the corner and broke into sobs. Yet another person I killed, Mick thought bitterly. I tried making a difference by telling people the Ark was running out of air but instead got them all killed.

Amelia Jackson -

Amelia was having a pretty shitty day. First her brother comes and tries to talk to her. Again. Then all her friends turn against her and say she should talk to him. Traitors. One rebellious, traitorous, part of her wanted to forgive her brother for turning her in but she couldn't. He knew that she would be locked up if he did, he only did it to make it more likely that he'd get a new job since if they hid her he'd be arrested, floated, or put on janitor duty for the rest of his life. And maybe it made since, and Amelia normally isn't selfish but, they are - were - family. They should do anything for each other. You're such a hypocrite Melia, she thought to herself. You can't even forgive him for it.

"Miaaa..." a voice said snapping her out of her thoughts. "Did you hear what we were talking about?"

"You know she didn't Jasper," Monty Green, Amelia's friend said to Jasper Jordan their other friend. "She's always lost in thoughts so soon after Eric leaves."

Gasp. "You said he-who-must-not-be-named name," Jasper said in mock incredulous voice, holding his hand to his to his heart like he was dying.

"Overdramaticcc," Melia mumbled

Monty snickered.

"What's so funny?" Finn Collins, their other friend asked them walking over with his girl-friend and total role-model for girls, Raven Reyes. Raven was the youngest engineer ever, and she was a female. While the Ark tried to get people to stop being sexist, racist, and homophobic it was always there because some families wanted the Ark to be like what Earth was. Which was a great idea seeing as the world got nuked, note the sarcasm.

"Oh nothing just Mia's brother visiting, her zoning out,  and then bullying me," Jasper informed them.

"Lies. I never bullied you." Mia was a nice person and hated when people called her mean even if it was a joke.

"Jeez relax I was kidding-"

"Let. Me. Go!" a voice screamed.

Everyone in the dining hall turned to look at the door. The was a small blond girl being dragged in. She was yelling at the guards to let her go and... not float Jules? Whoever that was. Amelia knew everyone, her included, was wondering why she was arrested. She looked so young so it might be just because she's a second child. Maybe Jules is her older sibling.

"You. Can't. Float. Him. Kane! He didn't do anything!" the girl turned her head to yell out the door behind her

"Kane?" Raven question. "Geez she must have done something terrible to get on his radar."

"Yeah. At first I thought she was just arrested because she was a second child," Chase Walker said, voicing Amelia thoughts. "Now I'm not so sure."

"Dude. You know you're not supposed to get up if the guards are walking through here with a new prisoner. They'd shoot you since they'd think you were trying to escape," Finn scolded Chase.

"Oh c'mon. Live a little spacewalker," Chase joked.

Finn was arrested for taking a space walk and wasting a month of air. Whenever someone brought it up he would always stiffen and if Raven was there she normally grabs his hand and gets really pale. Like right now.

"What do you guys think, Monty, Jasper?" Amelia said not wanting to exclude them from the conversation. Plus Monty was the second smartest out of all of them. Raven being the first. But Monty was smarter in some places like food, he was from the farm station after all.

"I don't know..." Monty started.

"Maybe she stole some meds to get high, or some alcohol and got drunk, or-"

"Jeez Jasper, she's like 11," Raven cut in. "And she's not you so..."

Jasper and Monty were arrested for stealing herbs from Monty's parents and Jasper forgot to replace them. Everyone thinks it was all Jaspers idea but Monty always said it was both of them. They were like brothers, especially since you couldn't literally have a brother here.

"Honestly I'm surprised the guards haven't shocked her to shut her up," Chase remarked.

"Same. Maybe because they're both wearing to much metal and touching her..." Mia replied, not really believing her answer. By the looks on the others faces they didn't believe it either.

"Maybe... Or they want to know why she was arrested. Like you know that girl in solitaire? No one know's why she was arrested or in solitaire except the council and maybe a few select guards," Monty informed them.

"Your probably right but I'm gonna go ask around," Chase said standing up. Then he turned to Finn and added, "Which I can do now since the big bad guards with guns are gone now."

The girl was thrown in one of the soundproofed rooms and the guards had gotten out of there pretty quickly.

"Maybe we can ask her at dinner if she's... y'know, not in solitaire," Mia told the group a little loudly so Chase's receding form could hear.

Everyone agreed.