A few minutes later, it was 6:00, and I decided to head outside even though Alex would probably not be here yet.

As I waited leaning against the building wall I took in the sights of the roads. I never just stood outside here and looked at the commuters and other people in the city, but it was really nice. You’d see business men and women in their suits talking with one another, but then you’d see a mother and father pushing their baby in a stroller. It was like the best of both worlds, and it reminded me of growing up at home.

As I was watching the people, the cars, and everything else, I kept dazing out of the real world and didn't notice that someone was now standing beside me, leaning their back against the wall as well.

Once I snapped back to reality, I immediately looked over to see who it was, but felt my stomach sink once who I saw who it was.

“Hey Rachel. Looking out at the city?”

Paul. Oh gosh, why me? Why now?

“Oh hi Paul. I’m waiting for my ride.” I looked at him once, only for a brief second.

“Cool…cool.” He switched his position so that he was now leaning against the wall on his hand and looking right at me. “So about that idea I proposed to you the other day…” He leaned in a little closer and I bit down hard on my back teeth, “you haven’t responded yet. And rumour has it that Paramore is coming here and looking for a person with a good ear. I could get you to work with them, if you do that favour for me.” By now I was so close to tears and his mouth was right at my ear.

“Paul. Please drop it. I have a boyfriend.” I said, my voice clearly uneasy. My eyes were focused on the concrete parking lot beneath my feet.

“Come on, give it a shot and if we both enjoy it, we can continue on with it. Sounds like a pretty good idea, if you were to ask me.”

BEEEEEP!

A car honked loudly and appeared in the parking lot, driving way faster than you should be driving in a parking lot with people who could be walking in it. I looked at the license plate on the front, and sighed in relief, letting tears fall from relief of seeing him here. Thank god it was Alex, like some sort of guardian angel because if he didn't show up here right now, I feared that Paul was going to try something on me, and although he’s a druggie, he’s clearly more fit and stronger than me.

He put the car in park, opened the door and got out, fumingly angry. He took huge steps over from his car over to Paul and I. I wanted to run right into his arms, but I think the fear from what had just happened rendered me useless. I felt like I was physically stuck in my spot, leaning against the wall.

Alex on the other hand, he was moving, and he was furious as he moved.

“What the fuck are you doing with my girlfriend? Who are you anyways??” Alex stood right in front of Paul, glaring at him and it was intense. They were probably the exact same height so when I’m saying Alex was glaring at him, Paul was glaring right back, and neither of them were intimidated more because there was no height difference.

“I was trying to make a business deal with Ms. Garcia here before you so rudely interrupted.”

“Well I didn't realize that business deals were conducted outside of the building now, when she’s obviously done here for the day, and she’s clearly so uncomfortable with whatever ‘business deal’ you were discussing that she cant even look you in the eyes. So tell me, what was this ‘business deal’ you were discussing?”

“Thats for employees that understand our terminology to know.”

“Well it just so happens I know some of the industry talk because I’m in a band and we’ve recorded here before.” Alex gave him a smug smile. Paul, clearly didn't see that comment coming.

“Well…you’re not an employee here, so I still cant give that information.” Thinking he won the argument, Paul looked back at me that made me wanna throw up.

Oh my god. I actually felt it coming up my throat. I was actually going to throw up because of how uneasy he was making me. But then, as soon as I was sure it was going to happen, something else happened. Its like in Mean Girls when Lindsay Lohan has “word vomit”.

“Shut the fuck up, Paul.” They both looked at me with wide eyes, and I turned to Alex, my voice still loud “Alex, Paul over here offered a proposition a while ago that if I were to sleep with him, he would get me a promotion so I could work with big bands like Paramore. I kept this quiet from everyone, even you, but I thought Paul would eventually drop it. Apparently I thought wrong!” I turned to Paul now, “you know, I could file this as sexual harassment and get your ass out of here in a flash. I will not sleep with you. I have more dignity and self respect than to prostitute myself for a higher position in my workplace.”

I stood next to Alex and held his hand tight and looked at Paul again, “You see, Paul, I’ve already worked with pretty notable bands already. I’ve worked with All Time Low.” I knew that it clicked in his mind that Alex was in All Time Low because of the expression on his face, “I’ll be in contact with the HR department and telling them all the fabulous things you’ve asked me to do for a promotion. Goodbye Paul.”

Alex took that as a sign that we were leaving now so we turned away and walked to his car, both our hands gripping each other so tightly, probably turning our knuckles white. As we got to the car, Alex opened the passenger door and I sat down, giving Paul both my middle fingers and stifled a laugh when I saw Alex giving him his middle fingers as well as he walked over to the drivers seat.

He started the car and pulled out of the parking lot, “so, lets go have dinner.”

--------

A/N: Sorrrrrry for neglecting this story for a while! University is keeping me really busy and I've gotta pass my classes. 2 new chapters to try & make it up to everyone!