Obviously, he was way taller than me so I had to raise my head a bit to lock my eyes with his. 

"And yes, I talk. I don't start discussions," he arched his back with his hands still behind him, lowered his face till his lips were only a few inches away from my ear. 

My breath seized in an instant, I also felt my heart freeze from his closeness. 

His lips grazed my earlobe, permitting a dramatic gasp to leave me. My entire body froze. I could tell I looked like frozen fish at the moment. 

"Why don't you start a discussion? I prefer whispering to people's ears if I intend to start one. " His voice was deep in a charming way that made my eyes roll all the way to their back. 

He stepped away from me, alerting my proper thinking capacity to return.

"Okay? Start a discussion," he raised his eyebrows. 

"Uh…" I started, scratching my forearm. 

"Miss Mark, I really don't like it when I wan't something to happen and people do otherwise. Start speaking." He wasn't yelling or speaking with authority but his voice was scary. 

"Okay," I nodded, rubbing my palms together and exhaled.

"Resume walking." He said quietly, like he was going to be arrested if he talked any louder. 

He started walking away and I kept up with his pace.

I wondered what to say but there was nothing good. The only things I wanted to start with were asking him why the hell he was so cold? If he had ever made someone die from his glares? If he intended to make his employees overwork to death. 

I didn't want to blurt things that could cost me my job so I remained silent. We continued walking side by side, the breeze was once again playing with my hair which I was constantly brushing away from my face. 

"You still haven't started talking." He brought that to my knowledge. 

"Do you only work?" I started, feeling glad I didn't utter the crazy questions reeling in my head but I wasn't certain if my question was considered sensible. 

"Good question." Judging from his tone, my question didn't seem to piss him off. I sighed in relief at that. 

He locked his hands behind him again, making his strutting look more stunning. I should've asked if he was from the royal family or something similar because he walked like royalty. 

"In a way, yes." He answered my question. 

"In a way?" I quirked an eyebrow at him, brushing my hair away from my face for the umpteenth time. 

He glanced at me with a smile tugging at the corner of his lips. "Working is like an escape from the problems of this world, mostly those associated with family."

"So you don't like dealing with family issues?" 

"Not exactly. I'm not interested. Just my mother. I care about her, but don't need to worry about her financial need since she's stable in that aspect. Every other person related to us are counterfeits. I have goals and dreams to achieve in life, and I'm not at the point of my success yet.

"I never liked being around family members since I was a child, so I was involved in the family business at 15, 11 years ago. It's now a part of me.".

"Wow…" I smiled. "I, on the other hand, have always wished to have family members around. My parents died on the mission to make our lives better. My best friend's mother accepted me but she didn't have a stable family as well." I sighed. "I never experienced enough love from family members, except Lila and her Mom."