"Little Australian brother.", he cut the shorter's plead. "Tell me, what do you wish for?"

The younger followed the dramatic tone.

"Money. I wish for money.", everyone laughed around them as the music, inside the house, became louder. "I wish for a dare, I am no pussy."

Chan grinned and wiggled his eyebrows.

"I dare you to kiss... Changbin here.", both guys looked at each other. "You complained about him being the only one on our group you're not close with, here's your chance."

Changbin cleared his throat, trying to suppress the thrill his mind was in hearing the freckled boy's concerns.

"Chan, he's literally taken.", he frowned, pretending to be worried only for him.

"It's okay.", everyone turned to Jisung, who looked right into Changbin's eyes, leaving him shocked. "It's just a dare, try not to enjoy it too much, Lix."

"W-what...", the shorter's eyes widened and his voice died in his throat as Felix got up, kneeling in front of him and smiling.

"Have you done this before?"

The shorter's mood changed immediately, with an offended expression and red ears he crossed his arms.

"Of course I've kissed before, you dimwit."

Felix chuckled and pulled him closer, making their noses touch. Everyone held their breaths.

"At least this time you didn't stutter.", the taller breathed before connecting their lips fiercely. Changbin almost whined as he immediately parted his lips forcefully, leaning closer and gripping his hair. After a few seconds of his tongue exploring Changbin's mouth, the shorter finally reacted, closing his eyes and melting into the slightly aggressive kiss. He prayed to every god he knew to not moan as he felt Jisung's gaze on him, even without being able to see him. Felix groaned lowly, tugging his bottom lip between his teeth and biting it, making Changbin wince and a bit of blood mix with their saliva.

"Okay, that's enough.", one of the girls said. Felix licked the older's bottom lip again and pulled again while that same girl leaned over to look at Changbin. "Jezus Felix you didn't need to open his lip, kinky much."

The taller licked his own lips, staring into Changbin's soul.

"Maybe I am."

That's when Hyunjin stopped paying atention.

He saw, in the middle of his joy, a shadow disapearing to the other side of the pool with his peripheral vision, and somehow managed to recognize it as Seungmin. He had his hands over his ears and stumbled through the garden to one of the darkest spots by the bushes, which immediately alarmed the guy as it was one of the most dangerous places to be. His friends, which Hyunjin presumed were the couple and Joengin, were too involved in the teasing and links conversation going on to notice his absence immediately.

Hyunjin should have warned them.

But he didn't.

"Hey, I'll go search for someone, I don't know when I'll be back.", He patted Minho's thigh, who rolled his eyes.

"Hope you have fun, see you in the morning, use protection."

Hyunjin chuckled.

"Yes, father."

He got up and ran to that same direction, finding the guy ducked on the floor, breathing heavily in the middle of the mud.

Hyunjin had never moved so quickly.

He jumped onto the puddle and ruined his jeans, not giving two fucks about it. He kneeled next to the boy and tried to reach for his arm, which caused him to jump away and fall on his butt.

"S-sorry.", the older muttered. "Are you-" he didn't need to ask to know Seungmin was not okay, and his heart dropped as he realized what was happening. "Seungmin... please, breathe with me."

The older didn't try to touch him again. He scoot closer, as far as the other one let him, already used to deal with people having panic attacks, due to his mother. He lead the breathing and kept saying soft words that he knew damn the other was not hearing, but seemed to react to anyways.

Slowly, Seungmin burst into tears, the adrenaline gone and the tiredness striking him all at once.

"I-I..."

Hyunjin nodded, making sure the shorter saw his face. He wanted to launch himself at him, hug him and tell him it would be okay. Something about that boy made Hyunjin feel weird, not scared, not happy, but in between, if that even made sense.

"It's okay. You're okay."

Hyunjin scoot closer, his knee slightly brushing against Seungmin's. That simple touch made Hyunjin's body shake as a whole.

It should scare him, it really should.

But the boy was to focused on the tears he wanted to wipe away, the words he wanted to say, the strands of hair he wanted to brush away from the younger's bruised face.

When their eyes met again, Hyunjin's heart raced at the slight glimpse of life in his eyes. It's like everything around him was dark, dead, and yet, deep inside, a small light pushed it's way outside, forcing between all the struggles he had to go through.

Hyunjin felt as alive as he had ever been, getting up with the boy.

They stared at each other for what seemed like ages before a worried Jeongin came to take Seungmin away.

But even after the guy was gone, Hyunjin's mind still lingered on those eyes.

And he wanted to see that light grow.

——➰——

Hello? I literally almost forgot to post today?
Nice job *myself* pat pat

Well, I'm tired but I like this chapter and I want to thank all of you who supported my decision of keeping this FF daily updated but not posting that one day, I might not post some other days as well since editing actually is a pain in the ass and I am still 10 chapters away from ending this FF in my drafts, for some reason I cannot find the time ( I hate school) but I WILL finish it this weekend and FINALLY FUCKING FINALLY start Rescue team :'))

Alexa play Scream by Dreamcatcher.