39

[Chapter Thirty Nine]

"Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise."
Victor Hugo- Les Misérables

————

Seungmin furrowed his eyebrows as soon as he entered the empty room. Hyunjin smiled at him, sitting on a table and looking pretty as always.

"What am I doing here?"

The taller didn't say a thing, he motioned Seungmin to come closer to him and pulled him into a hug, making the shorter giggle as people passed outside the empty classroom to lunch time. Hyunjin sighed and kissed the other's neck softly, before giving him the book he kept hidden behind him on the table he was still sitting on. Seungmin looked at him, eyes widened.

"W-w-"

"Open.", Hyunjin opened his legs and pulled the shorter close, smiling at him.

Seungmin complied, gulping as he immediately found the note inside, with the same handwriting and the same type of paper the stranger usually used.

You've been busy and so have I, don't worry about it, we had better things to do than run to the library to answer a piece of paper about how life is terrible.
The first time I answered you, I didn't know what to say, today? Today I have too many things to say.

Seungmin felt his heart speed up as he understood everything. He looked at Hyunjin, who gave him a nod and a smile.

I'm going to tell you a story instead, because my mom is a writer and I have kind of never been a reader, but she still says I'm a good story teller.
There was this boy who lived the perfect life, the cliche lie under a mask, hidden from the truth and what he really felt or wanted. But he was like this, specially, because there was nothing showing him the opposite. This isn't a story about confusion or doubt, it's a story about a sudden light coming into this boy's life and showing him the way.

That first glimpse, I found it in you, Minnie, as soon as I grabbed this book at the library for the first time.

When I met Seungmin, though, it all became clearer.

Said boy felt the first tears fall down his cheeks as he begged his eyes to work properly.

I never knew someone could have this much impact in my life, my mood, my everything. He taught me so much already and it's been such little time.
The truth is, without him, the life I lived and told you about, the fake life and the mask I used would have never fell, or at least not this fast, which makes me believe in destiny more than I ever did.

He is mine.

The one I love and want forever.

You are mine.

So please, Seungmin.

Be mine.

Only mine.

Forever.

Seungmin dropped the book on the table and threw himself at Hyunjin, crying on his shoulder as the taller hugged him strongly.

"D-do I need to m-make a blood oath or something?"

Hyunjin burst into laughter as tears began falling down his face as well.

"No.", he kissed Seungmin's head. "You just need to be my boyfriend."

Seungmin pulled away just to kiss him, messily, quick, but meaningfully.

"I will. I will, I love you so much."

"I love you too, Minnie.", the shorter chuckled, letting himself be snuggled for the rest of the lunch hour.

——➰——

Later that night, when Minho and Hyunjin arrived at the party Chan had organized, the house was already full, and Seungmin was there, with the rest of the group already.

As soon as the shorter spotted his boyfriend, his chin fell. Hyunjin always looked good, but right there, in that see through outfit, he looked like a fucking god. The pair got to the group and Felix chuckled, arm around his own boyfriend and motioning to Hyunjin.

"As soon as you set foot in this house Seungmin got lost. His gay is showing, and it's for you."

The shorter rolled his eyes, taking all his courage to take a few steps forward and pull Hyunjin closer, connecting their lips sweetly in front of the whole group. Hyunjin gasped and let him deepen the kiss for a while, hugging the shorter's waist and ending the kiss laughing.

"I thought we were going to tell them, with words."

Seungmin shrugged.

"It's easier this way, plus those girls were eying you, you look too hot."

"I'm sorry, what the fuck?", Felix's eyes were widened as most part of the group, the couple chuckling and Jisung following them.

"Y'all they were obvious don't even tell me you didn't doubt them."

Changbin had his chin on the ground.

"You said, for so long, you were straight?"

"Shut up shorty, we all make mistakes.", Hyunjin pointed his finger at him and sat on the sofa next to them, Seungmin clinging to him immediately.

"When the fuck did this happen?"

Seungmin intertwined their hands and shrugged.

"A while ago."

"A big while ago, you guys took forever to be official. Wait, you're off-", Minho shut up at the nods and smiled in approval, burying his head on Jisung's neck afterwards, making the boy giggle.

"Ew.", Jeongin threw himself to Chan's lap, the older choking a huff sound. "Everyone is in love it's disgusting."

They all laughed and Hyunjin turned to kiss Seungmin's temple.

"I look hot?"

Seungmin bit his lip, looking down on him.

"Hot as fuck. You are not escaping me today."

Hyunjin moved even closer and kissed his neck.

"As if I wanted to."

"No.", Chan got up and pointed at them. "No fucking in my house, I'm locking all doors."

"Don't be silly, they are probably not there ye-"

"My parents aren't home, so lock everything Chan, that doesn't stop us.", Hyunjin cut Jisung's sentence and everyone laughed at Chan's face.

Jeongin pretended to be disgusted at them, looking up and down.

"I need straight friends."

——➰——

I didn't do my usual "finding out about the relationship at lunch time" thing :)

I'm happy.

Get your tissues ready.

Alexa play Tennis by Itzy.