𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖛. 𝖌𝖔𝖉𝖘, 𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘, 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖇𝖗𝖔𝖐𝖊𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘!

☆。*。☆。
★。\|/。★

xxxiv. gods, kings
and broken
 things!

★。/|\。★
☆。*。☆。

♥✎ ✲❁✰❄✫✾✹✾✷❂✷✬✶❄✲ 🐙ൠ

Nina Zenik lay in wait, Kuwei tucked into her side, her eyes scanning the canal for Matthias' cumbersome figure. It wasn't as though he'd be hard to miss. "What's taking him so long?" she muttered to Kuwei, brows furrowed. "And what about Anya; where do you think she could have gone? The city gates are shut- what is it?"

Nina followed Kuwei's tired gaze to squint at a pair of mismatched, incoming figures. Her eyes instantly brightened the tall blonde figure, only to darken at the sight of the blackened wings spanning out behind the woman beside him. "It can't be," she whispered. "It's Matthias and Anya!"

"The World Ender," Kuwei muttered back, moving to shift behind Nina's figure. "Her wings are out."

But Matthias didn't look scared in the slightest - he leaned heavily against the shadow covered woman beside him, almost as though he were - "Do you think he's been at Anya's alcohol stash?"

Before Kuwei could reply, Nina was leaping out of the boat and practically flying towards her lover and her dearest friend. "Matthias! Anya! Oh, you found her!"

"She found me," Matthias grunted as Nina flung herself into his arms. Too occupied with cradling the tall man to her own body, she failed to notice the blood practically drenching Anya's front. Matthias stared down at her. "Drusje, you're alright."

Nina grinned. "Of course I'm alright! Where did you find Anya? And - oh! The Darkling? Where's the Darkling?"

But Anya was moving past them, uncaring as Kuwei scampered away from her dragging wings. Her blackened eyes darted around the canal frantically, clawed fingers twitching at her sides. For a brief second, Nina considered taking a step back - the World Ender was known to have an unfortunate bout of memory loss whenever she changed shape. "Anya? What are you doing? Where's the Darkling? Can you hear me?"

As Matthias buried his face into Nina's hair, Anya turned to stare her dead in the eyes. "The Ravkan delegation," she stated, voice mangled and hoarse but decidedly human. "Where are they? Matthias said they'd be here."

Nina frowned, staring between the pair. "The Ravkans? So you're really coming with us? Kaz wasn't lying?" Her gaze turned back to Matthias as he pressed further into her. "Are you drunk, Matthias?"