𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖛. 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖇𝖆𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊𝖗'𝖘 𝖊𝖞𝖊!

☆。*。☆。
★。\|/。★

xxiv. the
balancer's
eye!

★。/|\。★
☆。*。☆。

♥✎ ✲❁✰❄✫✾✹✾✷❂✷✬✶❄✲ 🐙ൠ

The first thing Anya noticed when Nina and Matthias stormed back into the tomb was the bright flush on the Grisha's cheeks. The second, was that Nina kept shooting her nerve wrecking stares. She hopped her seat atop the table where they were making adjustments to the tight rope Inej would be using to destroy Van Eck's silos. Much to her chagrin, Kuwei had spent the last hour hogging Jesper, who only had eyed to Wylan, who thought he was looking at Anya. 

Sometimes she wondered how exactly they'd managed to pull off their heist in Fjerda.

She brushed past Kaz, gently running her hand along the back of his shirt as she went, and much to her delight, he leaned back into her touch. "Did you manage to contact the refugees?" Inej asked, moving the wire to the side. 

Nina glanced at her nervously again. "Everything went smoothly. You know, besides breaking a few windows and nearly getting shot."

Anya felt Kaz's shoulders tense up under her hand. "Big trouble in Little Ravka?" Jesper asked.

"Oh, um well," Nina glanced at Anya again, and the older Grisha sent her a questioning glare. "Nothing we couldn't handle. Is there something to eat?"

Now this was new. "You're hungry?" Inej asked with wide eyes. 

"I have half a bottle of brandy in my bed roll," Anya shrugged, moving her hand away from Kaz at Matthias' inquiring glance. "It's pretty filling."

"No, that won't do," Nina grinned. "I might have to pull an Anya and eat one of you for dinner."

"I wasn't going to eat you," Anya grumbled with a pout. Jesper gave a loud cough. "Oh, fuck off, Jesper! You're all skin and bone. If I was going to eat someone, it would have been Matthias. Lots of muscle."

Matthias took a step behind Nina. "What happened at the tavern?" Kaz asked.

"The refugees are hiding at the embassy," Matthias told them. "We met-"

"Their leader!" Nina said, shooting Anya another wide eyed stare. "They'll be waiting for word from us."

"Ok, I feel like you're not quite telling us everything, Nina," Anya finally said. "Who's here?"

The two girls stared at each other for a particularly long second, Nina finally caving when Anya's eyes began to darken. "Oh fine. It was Zoya."