𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎. 𝖆 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖓 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖌𝖊𝖘!

☆。*。☆。
★。\|/。★

xxii. a plan
for the ages!

★。/|\。★
☆。*。☆。

♥✎ ✲❁✰❄✫✾✹✾✷❂✷✬✶❄✲ 🐙ൠ

Anya all but crawled out of the water and up onto the shores of Black Veil Island, gasping for breath. Grunting in pain, she swiveled around to search the surface of the murky water, just about managing to catch the green glow and the mass of dark hair sinking back down underwater. A low hum filled the air as she watched Ulla go, a soft smile on her face.

In the back of her mind, she could still hear the echoes of the Darkling's screams. She'd managed to keep him at bay, sparing Ulla the horror that was their half-dead brother. No good would come out of a Morozova family reunion.

Hauling herself up onto a crumbling tombstone, she stopped for a second as yet another burst of warmth flooded her gut. What was he doing; polishing the damned dagger? Her eyes rolled into the back of her head as she struggled to stay upright. "I'm on my fucking way, Kaz," she grumbled quietly. "Calm down."

Shivering in the cold, she wrapped her arms around her middle, careful not to nudge the embedded shrapnel. Ulla had stopped the bleeding, but not the pain.  Her coat was gone; her wig was gone; only one boot remained, and her vest was soaked with blood. To say the least, she'd seen better days.

Tripping over the broken fragments of granite littering the dirt, she staggered over to the entrance of the tomb they'd set up camp in. Her blood smeared hand pressed up against the entrance in a half hearted attempt to perform the secret knock they'd agreed on.

"Oh!" A pair of strong arms wrapped around her shoulders and hauled her inside. Anya leant into Matthias' grip, eyes fluttering shut. "You're bleeding."

"So incredibly observant," she managed to mutter, gritting her teeth. "I hadn't noticed."

Matthias looked down at her in bewilderment and picked her up. "I'm not a doll," she groaned. "I can walk, you know."

"Doesn't look like it," Matthias grunted. "We thought the stadwatch might have gotten you. Kaz already had the plans drawn out to get you out of Hellgate."

"How sweet," she grimaced, clutching at her sides as Matthias carried her deeper into the tomb.

"It's Anya," he announced, shouldering his way into the cluttered room. Four pair of eyes turned to stare at them. Kuwei looked up from his ever so elusive notebook, squinting. "She doesn't look too good," he stated.