Nichayathaartham

Seeing Chaaru start getting ready...

Mullai also dialled up her cheerfulness..

She helped Chaaru take out the bag in which her engagement attire was kept...

They took the contents out of the bag...And sat running their hands over the silk saree chosen for the engagement function

A bottle green saree with full brocade work and a hot pink blouse..

Chaaru had hired matching jewellery for each of the attire...

Mullai had the responsibility to return the jewels on time...

Only for the Muhurtham she was wearing pure gold from her own collection..

Mullai giggled thinking about the argument Chaaru had with her mom...

Ennadi sirikkara..Chaaru asked

Ille unnoda jewels eh avvalavu vechu kittu...athai odathu pottuppennu sandai pottiye athu thaan nyaabagam vanthuchu...

Chinna vayasulernthe antha ruby attigainna enakku oru aasai...amma ovvoru vaatti athu podum pothum solluvaanga..enakku oru 8 vayasu irukkum pothe en kalyanathukku athe thaan poduvennu perumaiya solluvenaam..aanaa ippo kadaisi varaikkum athu kudukka mudiyathu sollittaanga...athu pethikku thaanaam..peranaa pethu podaren paaru

And she laughed

Ammakku appa vaangi kuduthathu..romba ishtam antha necklace..athaan she crinkled her nose by way of explanation

They both sat thinking about the elderly couple with fondness..very soft spoken..they were rarely heard..but had a strong couple relationship...it was like her aunt knew what her uncle wanted exactly when he wanted it..and how he wanted it...ippo thaan oru coffee kekanum yosichen nee konduttu vanthutta kind of statements were often heard from him..her uncle for his part was the most hands on husband and father she had seen...at nights they would sit watching TV..her aunt comfortably seated on the sofa and her uncle at the dining table...prepping the vegetables for the next day...

Coming out of her reverie..poi kuli Chaaru...un makeup ku parlour lernthu vanthuduvaanga ..naanum poi kelambaren..

Saying this Mullai left to her room...

She found Kathir sitting on the bed..he had apparently had his bath..his still wet hair stood testimony to that...

Yenga dress eduthu podaama ukkaanthutteenga..

Nee thaan ethu podanum sollave illiye..

Itho eduthu vechen unga kitta solla maranthutten ..Athukku munnadi thalaiya nalla thodainga..

Athu kaanjudum...vidu he said making to get up and wear his clothes..

Athellam kedaiyathu..ukkaarunga she admonished him..

She took the towel and standing in front of him proceeded to dry his hair..ethana vaatti sonnaalum ithu enna velaiyaattu...she pouted

Naan thodaicha nee ippudi pakkathula ninnu thodaikka maatta ille...he said in a rough voice

Sensing the tone change she tried to move only to be pulled close to him...

Enga odara..he raised his eyebrows

Anga Chaaru ku make up poda vanthuruvaanga..naan kooda nikkanumnu ava ketta...

Eppo varaanga ...

12 manikku..

Kannukutty mani ippo thaan 10:30 aaguthu..he again wiggled his eyebrows at her ...

Athu seri...vidunga...yaaravathu vanthu kathava thattina