Chapter 16

Hey, just wanted to apologise that the chapter is sooo long, but it's such an important one that I couldn't compress it.

Chapter 16

Sybil's POV

Tom pulled up outside the church and got out. Helping me out the car he unbuckled my suitcase from the back and led me up the church steps. The Reverend looked slightly confused to see us climbing the steps dressed in a purple dress and a chauffeurs outfit, but once we explained that we hadn't had time to get dressed he seemed to let us off without further questions.

Reverend Green led me to a small room at the side of the church where I was able to get dressed in peace. When I was finished changing into my dress I placed the white lace veil mama had worn when she married papa on my head and looked into the mirror.

A young brunette girl looked back at me. She wore a simple white dress with a lace floor-length veil and a bouquet of flowers she had picked from the field next to the church.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door and Reverend Green walked in.

"My dear are you ready, it's almost 12."

"Of course."

The organist began to play the wedding march as the Reverend and I left the small room and walked up the aisle. I kept my eyes on the floor in front of me until I could stop myself no more and looked up. The butterflies in my stomach suddenly started flapping their wings and my breath became staggered. Tom was standing in front of me in a 2-piece tweed suit with a flower pinned to the collar. His hair was neatly organised on his head and his eyes were interlocked with mine.

He took my hand as I approached the front of the church and planted a kiss on my jawbone.

"Lady and Gentleman, we are here in the house of God today to unite Tom and Sybil in holy matrimony. Since there is only the two of you I suppose we should jump straight to the vows and exchanging of the ring."

I placed my bouquet on the floor so Tom and I could hold each other's hands and slowly repeated after the Reverend. Tom slipped his grandmother's ring onto my finger and kissed my hand before bringing his mouth up and pressing his plump lips onto mine.

"If you like to follow me we can sign the wedding certificate, then you will be officialyl man and wife."

Tom and I broke our smiling gazes to walk to the small room where I had gotten dressed. After signing the certificate we collected my suitcase and Tom's chauffeur clothing before climbing into the car and embracing each other. We chose to use Downton's back entrance thereby avoiding the main house and parked the car in the garage away from any prying eyes that may have been watching. As we walked from the garage to Tom's cottage I couldn't stop myself smiling. I truly loved Tom with all my heart and nothing was about to change that, nothing now could change that.

Tom's POV

As I drove Sybil back to the abbey I looked over to see her smiling profoundly. Her eyes glistened in the sun and her brunette locks whipped the back of the seat as the car sped along the country lane. She had one hand wrapped around her bouquet of wild flowers and the other resting on my shoulder. She looked more beautiful than any women I had ever seen.

As we walked from the garage to our new home I couldn't help but raise the corners of my mouth. She had chosen me over her family, her status, everything she had ever known. It was the most romantic and caring thing anyone had ever done for me.

I placed the suitcase down outside the front door and swept her into my arms. She threw an arm around my neck and planted a kiss on my cheek.

"Mrs Branson your new home." I kicked the door open with my foot and preceded to carry my new wife over the threshold, placing her down only to bring the suitcase inside before sweeping her back into my arms.

"Oh Tom, I can't tell you how much I love you. I love you."

"Sybil Branson, I love you more than anything."

She bought my head towards hers and placed her lips upon mine. I wanted her more than anything else in the world right now, and finally I could have her.

Sybil's POV

As our kiss deepened Tom placed me on the ground so I was now standing and wrapped his arms around me. I slowly slipped his jacket off his back and gripped onto his shoulders. Our shoes, my veil, and his shirt then got removed from our bodies before he whisked me upstairs to his bedroom.

It was only small, located in the eaves of the house, but it was perfect. A small double bed sat in the middle with two bedside tables located either side. Opposite was an old oak dresser and next to that a battered armchair lay with a worn shirt lying across it.

He turned back to me where we continued our kiss as though we had never been interrupted. I began to unbutton his shirt, my shaking hands not helping, as he released the pin in my hair so brunette locks cascaded down my back. After removing his shirt and vest Tom began on undressing me. He undid the belt around my waist before releasing the zip located on the back of the dress. I felt the material slip off me and pile at my feet.

We stood there looking at each other. Tom was wearing only his trousers with attached braces and underpants. I was slightly more covered in my underdress, corset and stockings. He moved back over to me and pulled my underdress over my head before he began fiddling with my corset.

"Undo the bow at the bottom." Although it was an ordinary sentence saying it to Tom made it the most erotic thing I had ever said. I just told a man how to remove my underclothes. He managed to undo the bow and then slowly continued to remove the corset from my untouched body savouring every moment. I suddenly became aware that I was now naked, apart from my stockings, and that Tom was roaming every inch of my body with his eyes.

"Sybil you're beautiful." He then undid the button on his trousers and slipped them off alongside his underpants, meanwhile I was removing my stockings. I had never seen a man before, nor had I ever let a man see me, and I assumed from the nervous look on his face Tom hadn't either.

I stepped over to him and took his hand in mine. Looking into his eyes I said,

"I'm ready." He led me over to the bed and lay me down in the middle before lying on top of me. Mama had briefly spoken to my sisters and I when Mary reached of age about making love, and I knew the basic anatomy of how it worked but that was it. I was truly adventuring into the unknown. Tom noticed the worry in my face and ran his finger down the side of my cheek.

"I have never done this before and only have a brief understanding of what this is supposed to be like for both of us from my brother, but I promise you Sybil I will never hurt you, and if you want me to stop you can say anytime and I will. I mean..." I cut him off by placing my lips on his and so began our wedding night, the most levitating and exciting night of our lives.