Chapter 2: Recognition

Henry washed his face just to get rid of the sleepiness in him. He needed to be fresh and energetic so he could be ready for any missions the general threw at them.
He could see a mission coming up now.
He remembered the times several choices had popped up and he had to choose the correct one. There were different timelines and endings depending on what choice he made. He had given them all names to track them all.
Some of them were amazing and turned out good for him, such as the timeline called Special BROvert Ops, Pardoned Pals, Master Bounty Hunter, Free Man...
He had given the name 'Triple Threat' to the timeline he was on right now, since the three of them were a threat to any of the enemies to the government, the way he saw it.
But there were other ones too, and they ended  terribly...
There was one where he'd seen Charles explode into a million pieces trapped inside a rocket during a mission, and another one where he'd left Ellie behind at the Wall after helping her, and had come back to take revenge as he was the Toppat leader, and another where he'd been betrayed as the Toppat leader, given special cybernetic abilities, and taken revenge against the Toppat Clan, only to die in the end, all alone...with no one beside him-
'Henry? Charles got a message from The General, as expected.'
Ellie's beautiful voice sounded through the bathroom door.
Henry snapped out of his train of thought, 'Y-yeah, Ellie. I'm- I'm getting ready...' Henry stuttered.
Way to go, Henry. You can't even talk to her without sounding like a total idiot.
He shook off his thoughts and pulled on a blue hoodie on him with some faded jeans. He walked outside and saw Charles donning his usual camouflage jacket along with a blue shirt and a military badge pinned on it. Ellie was wearing her off-shoulder golden top with some ripped jeans and a black choker. She wasn't really one for fashion, she just threw on whatever she first saw in the closet.
'Well, Henry? Let's get going.'
'Can we take the-'
'For the last time Charles, we are not taking the helicopter to crash it.'
'Aww man...'
Henry patted Charles' back to make him feel better, and they walked out of the front door.

* * *
'Ah, good to see you again, you three.'
The General friendly greeted them as they walked into the military camp. Charles gave a hug to his adoptive father and stood with Ellie and Henry.
'Let me just get to it. You might've heard on the news that the Toppats have escaped once again, along with their previous leader and Right Hand Man. We've put all our search teams everywhere, to keep track of any suspicious activity. There's also been another case... but it's not related to the Toppat Clan at all.
Henry signed, 'What is it?'
The General sighed, 'Well, there's not much information and the person's parents won't give it to us, but we know that she was 18 years and that's also where last the Toppat leader was sighted. She apparently disappeared. She's half Indian and American. Also, Mr.Stickmin, I will have a word with you later.
Henry looked confused. 'Why? Is something wrong?'
The General pulled out a piece of paper.
'Maybe this will give you an idea.'
It was a photo of a black haired girl with beautiful, intense blue eyes. The exact same eyes as Henry's. The same mischievous smile.
The same wildness to their hair.
Henry nearly collapsed.
Oh my god...
Ellie and Charles held onto him, pulling him up.
How could I forget about her?
'Henry! Are you okay?
'Come on, speak to me!'
She must have suffered so much...
'Mr Stickmin, you know her, right?'
I've been so damn selfish.
Henry stood up straightly and spoke in a hoarse voice.
'I do know her.'
Charles spoke up, 'Hen', can you tell us about her? At least her name?'
I don't even freaking deserve to know her name for what I've done.
Henry took a deep breath and replied.
'Her name is Alyssa. Alyssa...Stickmin.'
He closed his eyes to look away from the bewildered expressions everyone was giving him.