Chapter 15: Unlikely Alliance

Henry POV

Henry looked at the blue sky slowly turning hold by the minute. They were preparing themselves to get going, and according to the calculations, it would take about two hours to catch up with the Airship's current location.

February the 15th had never felt so miserable. He still couldn't get over the guilt and fact he had forgotten about his little sister, she was the world to him. Too bad his parents were complete jerks...

On the other hand, their plan to take down the Airship was quite simple, actually. They were supposed to quietly creep up and enter through a balcony, and assault any Toppats that stood in their way, leaving Charles to completely take control of the Airship and land it, so that they could all be arrested once again. This whole mission depended on his best friend.

Damn, how do you take up a responsibility like that?

But considering Charles' history with the Toppats, he would be more than eager to take up the task upon himself.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw something blue dart quickly. He turned around at only saw a bunch of bushes.

Nothing.

Or...

Henry rustled the bushes, and a small blue person tumbled out of them. When he looked closer, it was a literal girl.

She had periwinkle blue skin, purple-blue hair and two furry ears sticking out them. A pair of yellow horns jotted out from her forehead. Blue wings extended from her back

'What in the actual- who are you? What are you doing in a military base? No, actually scratch that question, what are you?'

The small girl sat up and stood on her feet slowly. After that she looked up at him.

'I'm Crystal. I..lost my way, traveling between universes..'

'Universes?!'

'Calm down Henry, I know that there are alternate timelines and endings. I was trying to travel between them and I ended up here, somehow.'

'Excuse me, endings? Timelines?! How do you- does anyone else know about this? And how do you know my name?'

'I come from a different version of this world. I know everyone. Also, I wouldn't dare tell about the timelines to any Toppat or the Government. They'd place me in a mental asylum.'

Henry was struggling to process all this new information, so he just asked the first question in his mind.

'Wh- what's your other world like?'

'Oh, it's pretty normal, since the Government and Toppats are friends. I like to hang out with Reginald and the Right Hand Man a lot, and...'

But Henry wasn't listening. The government and Toppat Clan? Being friends? Was that possible?

'...and then I decided, this drama is too much so let me just switch timelines for some time, and now here I am! What's happened here?'

'Here? I'm just getting ready to go on a mission to take down the Toppats.'

'Oh really? Well, I can help! I could get you two to ally with each other!'

Henry thought about the leader, who had tried to kill Ellie after leading her into a state of trust, and Charles, whose whole family had been murdered ruthlessly by them, and Alyssa, who could've been captured by them.

'I appreciate the offer, but you're a small kid. There is no way you could help us. And the Toppats have caused enough damage to even consider reconciliation.'

Crystal was deep in thought, then shrugged.

'Oh well, that's okay! But think about it! You never know what might happen with you and Alyssa.'

'Wait, Alyssa? What about her?'

But Crystal had started walking away and had taken out a machine.

'Wait! What would happen? Please-!'

Too late. She was gone, probably back to her own world. But Henry was even more worried now, with what she had said.

Oh dear Puff, please don't let anything happen to Alyssa...

________________________________________________________________

Crystal belongs to @CrystalWolfi2009