By the way I saw Ares fighting back there, Archer might want to use present tense. He hadn't seen that man fighting, he was moving like a beast possessed.

"Ares is still good at it," I whispered, dropping the surname, "Can you tell me his rank?"

"He was a captain, soon to be promoted to major."

My eyes widened, "Captain? And he was 22? When did he join?"

"He joined when he was 17. It was his activities that promoted him. He had actively taken part in many missions, mostly UN peace missions alongside armies of other nations. I still remember the gleam in his eyes when he talked so passionately about those," Archer sighed as a smile of melancholy graced his lips.

Being a captain at the age of 22 was not a facetious matter. He must have dedicated his soul to get to that point and all that hard work ruined in just one night.....

One fucking night.

An accident.

That ruined so many lives.

"I am not boring you, am I?" Archer asked, "It's just that pre accident Ares sound like a rare relic that only lives in my memory. Sometimes, even I have a hard time believing that this person existed."

I cracked a smile, shaking my head, "No, not really. In fact hearing about him and how he was, it is fascinating. I was yet to meet a military guy until ten minutes ago. This... revelation just changed my whole perspective of him."

And him being an ex military guy, made him 10 times more attractive.

"I am glad that you find my brother as interesting as I do, Adri.." He cracked a smile.

I smiled back, rather wickedly for he had no idea just how interested I was in his brother.

I was interested, very interested. Interested enough to run my tongue through those hard peck of abs as I tug on his hair and scream his name as he thrusts his di-

"Adri?"

I widened my eyes, blinking, keeping that smile on my face, "You were saying something?"

"Yeah," He smiled, "You must be tired after all those. Do you want to have dinner with us or here?"

"Employees are allowed to have dinner together with house masters?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Well, not really. Then again, I don't really consider you as an employee," A shy smile lit up his face.

Alarm went off in my ears as I smiled, frowning.

"Then what.... exactly do you consider me as?" I blinked, secretly praying that it wasn't what I was thinking it to be.

He scratched his neck, "I consider you as a friend."

"Oh great.." I exclaimed in destate, "I think I will have dinner in my room, yeah? Would you please inform someone to bring dinner here?"

"Yeah sure!" He smiled innocently, making me feel guilty, "I will send in someone."

"Thank you," I said, "Is the doctor still here or-"

"Are you feeling okay?" His smile dropped as his brows furrowed, "The doctor was sent away but I can call him again if you want-"

"Oh no, it's alright then!" I smiled, "I was thinking if the poor soul was lounging outside, hearing this conversation. It would be awkward, you know?"

"Yeah it would be.." He chuckled, "I think I should let you rest now, Adrianna. Take care."

I nodded as I saw him standing up and throwing me a last smile as he carried himself out.