10.- Mochi & chains.

Start from the beginning

They soon entered what (y/n) recognized as the kitchen, and Todoroki started silently looking for ingredients while (y/n) watched him. He began boiling water and adding the noodles, then preparing everything else with such a concentration she'd only saw back then when training. His hands moved fast as he put everything in place, and (y/n) was entranced watching him. There was something soothing about everything he did.

'So he does know how to cook?'

'Buys us gourmet sandwiches, knows how to fight, isn't annoying, knows how to cook and when to keep his mouth shut plus is rich. He has my vote, marry him.'

'SHUT UP!' She thought while remembering the past incident and she wanted to die, again. 

"So how did you learn to cook this?" She decided to say instead, trying to avoid the conversations with her companion.

His gaze went soft for a millisecond before he quickly recovered himself, "My... mom used to make it for me... I learned it from her."

(y/n) hummed while looking at the boy preparing the dish. She wasn't stupid; the way he spoke about his mother meant something happened to her. It wasn't her time to pry on such intimate and personal details, after all, he didn't pry in hers either.

"So you've been a cold soba enthusiast ever since?" She asked and walked up next to him, the aroma of said dish began to fill the air and she smiled, "It smells delicious Todo."

He side-eyed her at the nickname but decided to say nothing about it, instead kept his concentrated gaze towards the dish, trying to get it perfect. The moment was surprisingly soft and peaceful. It was funny how they could find someone else who enjoyed the silence as much as they did and didn't feel uncomfortable... it was reassur-

Until someone happily screamed.

"OH! IS THAT YOU SHOTO! I HEARD SOMEONE CAME IN-"

(y/n) instantly turned towards the noise and Todoroki sighed. 

There, at the door, was a beautiful woman with mid-length white hair and red tips, wearing a pair of glasses with a tender smile. (y/n) blinked twice, not sure about what should her next step would be. 

Who's this girl? 

No, wait.

'Who's Shoto?'

"Yes, Fuyumi, I am here," Todoroki replied calmly without taking his gaze away from the dish and Fuyumi smiled as she approached the two.

"Oh, I am so sorry for that! I didn't know Shoto would bring someone over!" She said cheerfully while smiling softly at (y/n), "I am Fuyumi Todoroki, Shoto's big sister! Nice to meet you!"

'Oh, so his name isn't Todoroki? That's his last name?'

(y/n) smiled in response, "Don't worry at all, nice to meet you too Fuyumi. I'm (y/n)!"

"How delightful to have someone over! Shoto you should've told me!" She said while poking Todoroki's cheek to which he said nothing. 

(y/n) chuckled a bit. It was beautiful to see something so familiar and sweet like this even though Todoroki was not really complying, she could tell that he deep down liked the display of affection just by how much he relaxed at her touch. 

"Huh? You're cooking-"

Shoto instantly looked at his sister, silently pleading her to shut up, and Fuyumi giggled. (y/n) didn't understand what was going on at all, but she wouldn't disturb this sweet moment. It was odd how something like this could be nostalgic, given she'd never experienced something of this sort.