✨ Chapter Three ✨

Chapter Three
I forgotten what I started fighting for.
~*~

Lyma sighed as she looked at the many books on the table. She had been working as Gustave's secretary for five days, and she was starting to feel restless. She had completed all her assigned tasks, including reading reports, writing summaries, and accompanying Gustave to meetings.

Lyma felt like she was a mere appendage to Gustave, always in his shadow.

Despite her feelings of restlessness, Lyma knew that she was fortunate to have the opportunity to work as Gustave's secretary. It had given her a unique perspective on the kingdom. She had seen the inner workings of the palace, met the most important officials, and learned about the kingdom's history.

Lyma stood up to stretch her legs. Gustave, who was holding a report, looked up at her and asked, "What is the matter?"

Lyma was feeling bored and tired, but she didn't want to say so. She remembered that she had not yet read the report of the Minister of Defense's office. "I'm going to go fetch the Minister of Defense's report," she said.

"No need," Gustave replied. "Robert can just go there." He was about to call for Robert when Lyma interrupted him. "But I can just go there myself!" she said.

Gustave put down the report he was holding and looked at Lyma. "You'll just tire yourself." he said.

Lyma protested. "But... I want to see Brother Crown Prince too!"

Gustave smiled. "Mushroom, you're still the same. You can just tell me directly if you're bored. But then that wouldn't be you."

Lyma didn't know what to say. She averted her gaze and chewed on her lower lip, a habit she usually did when she was caught.

Gustave relented. "Fine. You can go fetch the report. But no need to hurry. And let Robert accompany you there."

Lyma wanted to argue about bringing a guard, but she remembered Jackson, Pandora's personal guard. He was the one who accompanied her on her visits around the kingdom, but Lyma had not yet met him.

"Brother," she said, "I just realized, where is Jackson?"

"Jackson?" Gustave asked. "Who's that?"

Lyma was surprised. "My personal guard?"

Gustave fell silent for a moment. "Oh! Jackson. I don't know the details, but the King ordered him to do something and he won't be around for some time."

"Oh," Lyma expressed. "I see. Well, I better get going. See you later, Brother."

"See you later." Gustave replied.

Lyma walked out of Gustave's office, feeling uneasy. Gustave's answer about Jackson had confused her. She was sure that Jackson was her personal guard, but Gustave seemed to have no idea who she was talking about.

"He was genuinely confused when I said Jackson's name," Lyma thought to herself. "Like there was no one named Jackson that is my personal guard."

Now that she thought about it, Lyma realized that there were some differences between the Pandora in the book and herself in this world. In the book, Pandora was always accompanied by Lily, two other attendants, and her personal guard Jackson. She also had a personal security group that was scattered around her and moved in the shadows. However, Lyma did not sense any signs of these people, and Lily was the only one who was constantly beside her. This made Lyma feel uneasy, as it seemed that her knowledge about this world is different.

"I need to further investigate this," Lyma thought to herself. "The world might just be the same, but maybe the Pandora in this world is having a different life."