✨ Chapter One ✨

Chapter One:
Where do dead people go?
~*~

Synchronized clock ticking echoed inside the small white room. Clocks in different sizes and telling different time adorn the walls. And each clock has a corresponding mirror hanging below it. The mirrors also come in different sizes and colors. And in the middle of the room is a large floor length mirror with two grandfather clocks on both sides.

Lyma opened her eyes to this room, confused. 'Where am I?' She thought to herself. The last thing that she can remember is her own room.

She spun around looking at the entirety of the room and wondered if there is any form of exit. But much to her surprise there's no single door that can be seen.

She looks around one more time and finally noticed that she's no longer wearing her old pajamas but a white halter top silk dress that reaches her knees. She walked closer to the large mirror at the center to have a much closer look at herself.

She can't exactly pinpoint the specific emotion that she is feeling right now. Or maybe she is feeling a lot and the mixture of all these emotions confuses her. But Lyma knew one thing. She wants to cry.

She has seen her reflection countless of times. She can even be called vain by always looking at her face any chance she gets. Not because she is truly vain of her appearance but she just simply loves and adore her eyes. Her heterochromia. But at this very moment, it's not just her eyes that Lyma noticed. The reason she wants to cry is the overwhelming feeling that she feels inside.

'I can look like this?' She thought eyes sparkling, keeping herself not to let her tears fall. 'I look different.' She has never saw herself like this. Her skin's brighter and has more color and her face is more youthful and radiating, enhancing more of her features. She looks fine. Healthy.

It's refreshing for her to see that she looks exactly how she should without her sickness. Her gaze fell on her chest, remembering where the pain was.
'The pain is gone. And I feel...fine.' She thought as she raises her right hand to her chest and felt that familiar steady beats from her heart.

'Subject is awake. Welcome to the Lobby.'

Just then a loud robotic and computer-like voice echoed. Lyma quickly spun around again upon hearing the voice. "Who's there?" She asked. Though she knew she's the only one inside that white room. 'Where does it come from?'

'Launching World Reincarnation System. Launch successful. Opening Menu.'

The voice came again. And now that she heard it the second time, it felt like the voice is coming from somewhere near her.

'Menu successfully opened. Initializing Life-Deed Counter. Please wait.'

Listening carefully Lyma felt that the voice is coming from the large mirror in front of her. 'Is that mirror speaking?' She thought but since there's no changes in the mirror's appearance so Lyma is not quite sure.

Involuntarily, she took three steps backwards just in case something will suddenly happen.

'Life-Deed Counter complete. Reporting: Total deeds exceed required deeds for reincarnation. Subject is promoted to VIP. VIP Settings acquired. Installing VIP Settings package. Installation complete. Initializing VIP Settings' Pre-Incarnation. Subject analysis in progress. Post life review in sequence. Please wait.'

The mirror spoke continuously that left Lyma perplexed. 'What's that mirror saying? What is happening? Where am I exactly?' She felt that familiar feeling of panic rising inside her.

She knew that the mirror is talking about something since she hears the robotic voice. But what makes Lyma baffled is she can't understand what the voice is talking as if it's using a different language. And what's stranger is that Lyma knew, though she doesn't know how, that the voice is speaking in English. It's speaking using the world's universal language but she can't understand it.