Chapter 25: Congruent Souls

A/N: You can play the media above for a better reading experience. No portrayers intended!

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

"I did that for you! I wanted to take revenge for your family. I wanted to explain pero hindi mo ko binibigyan ng pagkakataon! Gusto kitang yakapin at sabihing magiging maayos rin ang lahat pero ang ilap mo. Isang pagkakamali ko lang, iniwan mo agad ako. I sacrificed our relationship because of you, because I know you're not used to that life. I know you're suffering being my maid!"

Parang tumigil sa pag tibok ang puso ko. Hindi ko inaasahang sasabihin niya iyon dito!

The crowd gasped in shock, they only knew me as the third party of Everett and Sheena's relationship but not as a maid!

What saving is he talking about? If suffering being his maid is equivalent to being happy and free, then please! I don't need the saving from that happiness and freedom.

Tears pooled in my eyes when memories came back rushing. The day of his birthday and the same day of my heart being crushed to dust resurfaced.

Everyone in the party, including my so-called-friends, heard the announcement.

And guess what? The people I thought my friends turned their back and humiliate me.

The rumors about me being a slut and relationship wrecker spread like wildfire. Imagine being the date of the birthday's celebrant and they announced their engagement on his birthday party.

I lost count on how many people I treasured betrayed and hurt me. Eventually, I just felt tired caring.

"You selfish bastard! Don't drag my family here to cover up your own actions. Come on, Everett. Man up! Admit that you fool me, fooled me so good that I ended up being the villain here."

To be honest, who cares about the debate anymore?

If this is the closure they are talking about then let's get this over with! After this, I don't want to see him anymore.

"I didn't. God, Summer! You know how many times I tried to explain my side but you ignore all of that. I'm very much willing to wait for you to heal and recover. I'll take anything you can offer just so we can..." I averted my gaze from his eyes, I don't want to see the emotions it holds.

Tumingala ako, not wanting any tears to be wasted again. I abhor confrontations.

I. GET. SO. FUCKING. EMOTIONAL.

"Your company-" Shit, not this.

I quickly looked at him at the mention of our company. He smiled at me sadly. I don't know why does he need to involve it here.