9-1-1 what's your emergency? - Maddie Buckley

TW: MENTION OF DEATH (just over the phone)

Yesterday you finally decided to quit your awfull job. You didn't like what you did. You wanted something new, a way to help people who need help.
You tried out to be a firefighter but you didn't have the right amount of speed, strength,..
Then you wanted to be a cop but you knew it wouldn't work and you didn't want to go back to school so you looked at the options you had.
You looked at your list and decided that you'd try out for a 9-1-1 operator. Just answering calls and sitting in front of a screen, nothing new right?
Soon enough somehow you could start your training.

*T/S*

Today was the first day of your training. You were really exited. A new job, new "uniform", new friends,...
"Hi,my name is Maddie," a lovely woman told you. "Y/N, nice to meet you," you answered.
Maddie showed you how everything worked and soon Maddie got a call.
"9-1-1 what's your emergency," she asked.
You noticed how calm she stayed during the situation.
"Okay, next one is yours," Maddie said. You didn't have to wait long. "You talk, I'll do the rest," she said.
"9-1-1 what's your emergency," you asked.
You handled the situation and the person who called made it.
You and Maddie did a few calls and then Maddie said you were ready to work on your own after 1 more call.
"9-1-1 what's your emergency," you asked.
"I'm kidnapped. They'll kill me, I won't survive. My name is Charlie Robinson. I know these calls get recorded so please, show this to my family," the person asked.
"Okay, go ahead," you said. Maddie tried to track the phone but it didn't work.
"Hey mom, I love you. Please take care of dad. I know how he gets when I'm home late. I'll be very late. I should've stayed home today but you know me right? I just wanted to say that you and dad mean everything for me. I had a great life to live, but I've only had 18 years. 18 amazing years I got to spend with my friends, family and my great parents. Mom, dad, I love you both,"
You heard a shot. Then someone hung up. You were holding back your tears. You lost someone on you first day already.
"We should take a break. Just stay in the cafetaria for 5 minutes and then you can leave. Here's my number, call me tonight," Maddie said. She gave you her number and led you to the cafetaria.
"Does it get easier," you ask. "No," Maddie answers honestly. "We can't control their fear, only our own. We are the first ones to answer and make sure that the people get saved. Sometimes people don't want to be saved and then there's nothing we can do anymore,"
You nodded. After 5 minutes you left and got home. You called your best friend and told them what happend.
After you hung up, your phone rang. It was Maddie.
"Hey, Y/N, are you free this saturday," Maddie asked.
"Yeah," you answered. "Great, I'll text you an adress. Just come saturday at 5PM," Maddie said. You chatted for a while and you hung up. Maddie was so sweet and loving. She was really helpfull today and you couldn't stop thinking about her. She made you go crazy.
You didn't fall in love easily but Maddie was different. She was special. That's what you liked about her.

*T/S*

At 4PM you left your house and went to the adress Maddie had send you. It was in the middle of nowhere.
"Hey," Maddie said. "Hi," you answered.
"Put on," Maddie demanded. She handed you a blindfold. You trusted her and put on the blindfold. She led you in a car and drove you to Who-Knows-Where.
When you got out of the car and took of your blindfold you saw a fair. It lookes great.
"Okay, let's go, what are you waiting for," Maddie asked. She took your hand and took you to some games.
After a while you went to a food truck.
"Order what you want, it's on me," Maddie sais. "No, I'll pay," you say.
You order and Maddie makes sure she orders after you. "It's on me," Maddie sais to the nice man in the truck.
"You are a sneaky one," you say jokingly.
You 2 grab your food and sit a table. You stare in Maddie's beautiful eyes. After a while of staring you couldn't help yourself. And as if Maddie was reading your mind, you both lean in at the same time and your lips meet. It felt amazing. You wanted it to last forever. This woman made you happy.