"He's always done that, Sebastian. It's his personality. He's not like that only to Ariana. You just haven't seen him around other people."

"Hmm."

"Come on. There's already been what, over six months of this?"

"We're still getting to know each other," Sebastian defended. "You and Bennett might have fallen in love at first sight, but I like to take things slowly."

My jaw dropped. "What? I so did not fall for Bennett at first sight. Don't you remember how he treated me?"

He lifted an eyebrow, smirking. "But weren't you two saying I love you a few months after?"

I flushed. "T-that's because with so much going on tensions were high and they influenced my feelings and made everything seem so—"

Sebastian's teasing look slipped off his face as he cut me off. "Influenced your feelings? What does that mean? You don't actually love Bennett?"

"No, I do. It's just—"

"Is that why you won't move in with him?" he asked. "You're not sure about your feelings now?"

I hesitated and Sebastian's eyes narrowed. Before I could say anything else, the sound of footsteps running down the hall met my ears and I turned to see Henry rushing toward us, feet skidding on the tile floor. "Where is he?" he demanded, holding his side as he panted.

"Who?"

"Lee, of course!" Henry snapped, grabbing my shoulders, his glasses slipping down his nose. "He told me there was an emergency. Where is he? Is he okay?"

I gestured toward the office door. "He's in there with Bennett and someone claiming to be their father. He's fine. Did you think it was a medical emergency?"

The worn-out expression on Henry's face made me think he did. He closed his eyes, letting out a long sigh, arms dropping to his sides. "What the hell? What am I supposed to think when he texts me that with no other information? Why would he do that?"

Henry's anger surprised me. It was a rare sight. I figured it would take a lot to make him upset. But considering Lee's history, I understood why. Even with Mrs. Calloway in jail, I was sure it wasn't easy to let go of those memories. If anyone even could.

"He's okay," I said again, softening my tone. "Don't worry."

"Yeah," he muttered.

"Although I'm not sure what's happening in there. Bennett asked us to stay outside."

Henry snapped his attention back to me. "Wait, did you say Lee is in there with his father?"

Did he just realize that's what I'd said? I played with the hem of my shirt. "I'm not sure it's really their father. I mean, he really looks like Bennett. But Bennett told me his father was dead."

"That's what I've heard, too."

"You don't think Mrs. Calloway could have faked his death, do you?"

"Would you put that past her?" Henry said bitterly. "You know what she's capable of."

I did, but to fake someone's death? How? Why? I leaned against the hallway wall, my stomach twisting. Bennett had looked so unsettled. Didn't sudden shock like that make his anxiety flare-up? I was grateful Lee was with him, but still wished I could be there, too. But just as I had things I wanted to deal with privately, Bennett did, too.