6

My door opened and maple and gio immediately ran over to him. He picked maple up and walked over to me in my dark room. I covered my face and he towered over me. "What do you need?" He said in a tired voice and I put my arms out.

Maple jumped on the bed and I rigged on the bottom on his shirt. "Where's kitty?" He said softly and snapped. Tears streamed down my face I hugged him tightly. He held me gently and looked around "Kenma? Where's kitty?" He repeated and I looked up at him. I took a staggered breath and gasped for air. "S-he," I hiccuped and wiped my eyes. "Someone ran over her." I cried into his shirt and he felt stiff in my arms.

He kneeled down to my eye level and looked on the verge of tears "Hey it's okay." He whispered and hugged me tightly. I put my head on his shoulder and took a choppy breath. "I miss her." I whispered and he rubbed my back. "You don't have to remember her like that, remember her sweet little purr and her soft fur." He said in my ear and I stared at the floor. "Kuro." I said under my breath. "Hm?"

"Can you stay over tonight?" I gripped his jacket and pulled away. I turned away from him and laid down. "I'll go get a futon." He said and I grabbed his wrist. "No stay here." Maple curled up behind my legs and geo laid by my head. Kuro laid down and faced away from me. Coco laid by his stomach and I heard him let out an amused breath.

He held my hand and rubbed it with his thumb. "She's probably catching so many mice in heaven, she's the happiest cat up there." He whispered and tears fell out of the corner of my eyes. "She liked turkey." I mumbled "and when I scratched right behind her ear." I squeezed his hand and held Gios paw in my other hand. Before long, I was asleep.

The next morning.

I woke up on my stomach and maple was laying on my back. I stayed still and turned my head to see Kuroo passed out. I rubbed my eyes and sat there until maple got up and laid down beside me.

I watched kuros chest rise slowly and reached over him, grabbing his phone. I scrolled through it and locked through his messages with Mei.

Kuroo: Ahh look what Kenma just sent me 😸🥴

Mei: go get your man 🤗

I sighed and looked at Kuro. I smacked his face and he flinched. He rolled onto his side and I looked through more of the messages.

Mei: Just hit on him already

Kuroo: 🙄 whatever, should I send this?

Mei: *nosebleed* um yes 🥴😤

I looked at the picture and the phone flew out of my hand. Kuroo dropped it on the floor and wrapped his arms around me. "Stop looking through my messages." He mumbled and then fell back asleep. I was stuck between his chest and arms.

I sighed and pushed off of him. I flicked his forehead and he squinted at me "Let me sleep." I sat up "Do you like me?" I asked and he turned the other way. I poked his side "Don't ignore me, just answer the question." I prodded him and he glanced at me. "What would you say if I said yes." I shrugged "just tell me." He sighed and sat up. "I'm going home."

I grabbed the collar of his shirt. "Nice try." He fell back on the bed and I peered at him. "Why didn't you send me that picture?" I mumbled and he looked off to the side "I got nervous." I smiled softly and let go of his shirt. I pet gio and he purred happily. I watched Kuro and he made eye contact. "Youre a little cute." He mumbled and I scoffed "A little? Please I'm the hottest person you know." I pulled my hair back and Kuro laughed softly.

I rubbed my swollen eyes and gio clawed at my arm. I laid down beside Kuro and hugged him gently. "I miss kitty." I whispered and he rubbed my back. "I know, I miss her too." I sniffled "Ya know, she reminded me of you." I said and gio made biscuits on Kuro stomach. I put my head on his arm and he pulled me close. "Do you think you'll live?" He asked and I shook my head.

He smiled and pet gio. "It's like a little family." I smiled softly and coco sat on my head. I pushed her off and she started to clean herself. My mom walked in and I glanced over at her. "Hey tetsuro. I'm Kenma, do you want breakfast?" She said quickly and I shook my head. Kuroo arm around me loosened and I sat up. "I'm not hungry." She sighed "Really, it's your favorite, apple pancakes."

She eyed me and I stood up. "Fine." I mumbled and walked down to the kitchen. I ate slowly and my mom set a box infront of me. "Do you want to keep her or should we put her somewhere safe?" I blinked back tears and Kuro sat down beside me. I ate a piece of pancake and scooted the box towards me. "I want her." My mom nodded and I held it tightly with both hands as I walked the small wooden box to my room.